Second Day of Mourning (Part II; Judge: Renau1g)

Status
Not open for further replies.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Excellent. Good news as well, I've heard from someone who's planning to run an adventure as well. So between that one and Velmont's one I've already approved, there should be enough adventure for both you and those in the tavern :) [/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
You can't split anything up as we use the parcel system so each person receives their parcels of treasure. Same for XP, it's calculated based on # of PCs.

So far, 2 for wrap up

[sblock=ooc]
Got it.

I'll probably have a character as well after retiring lo-kag.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Anyone got wishlist items they want for level 5? You'll be leveling up. Please let me know ASAP.

Also, is anyone owed their level 4 parcels? Need to know also.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
My pathetic attempt at a wrap-up...

After a very comical attempt to cross the bridge, the adventurer's pick themselves up, charge across the frozen causeway and come upon yet another group of warforged, just about to execute the "fleshbags" from the lightning rail. A terrible battle ensues, but in the end the adventurer's defeat the enemies and save the passengers. Unfortunately, a Final Messenger detaches itself from the apparent leader and quickly disappears through a tiny crack in the caves, too small to track. Whoever is behind this machination will be aware of the failure here and may try again in the future, but for now, you appear to have been victorious.

It is a long slog back to the lightning rail cars and it takes some jiggering, but you manage to start the transport back up, traveling back to Sharn and you're given a suitable reward for your efforts. Gold and magical items are bestowed on you, although you somehow feel that this isn't over...

[sblock=XP/Treasure]
Ok, since the last xp award (http://www.enworld.org/forum/5056986-post910.html) there has been 1 skill challenge (Tracking the Tracker). There wasn't enough info there for me to determine whether you even succeeded or not and what the DC's were.

I'm going to say it was a level 5, Complexity 4 challenge. Make sense? Seemed like it was about a month of RL time, so that's nearly equivalent to a whole combat scenario, therefore complexity 4. Therefore 4 x 200 = 800 xp

Next you have the combat encounter with some warforged thief's and guards

Forged Guardsman - level 4 minions - 8 x 44 xp = 352 xp
Master Thief - level 5 standard - 3 X 200 = 600 xp
Reforged - level 5 (?) standard - 3 x 200 = 600 xp <- seem close to Iron Cobra from MM

Then you fought the suicide bomber... hmmm... looks like a level 5 or so brute... he never really intended to attack you but whatever - 200 xp

Finally you've just completed the level 5, Complexity 5 = 200 x 5 = 1000

Total xp = 3552 x 2 = 7104/6 = 1184 xp

We'll give some major quest xp for stopping Tracker - 500 bonus xp each PC (also to compensate for the slowdown in recent months)

Total xp/PC = 1684 xp and 5 additional RP each. This should be enough to bump everyone up to level 6 right? so I'll award everyone's parcels as well & gold.

200 gold pieces each & below individual rewards:

1) Alexia - level n of gold for 5th = 1,000 gp
2) QuestionMark - level n of gold for 5th = 1,000 gp
3) Garrick - TBD
4) Gurdan - n/a - no parcel required. PC will be retired.
5) Grryth - TBD
6) Lo-Kag - no parcel required. PC will be retired.

Unfortuantely, with Kal disappearing there will be 0 RP for his efforts. *sigh* that super sucks, but c'est la vie. I really hope everything's ok with him.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=misc]First of all, thanks ren.

Second, with that xp reward we're all at 7184 xp. If we spend 2 RP at 200 xp each, we hit 7584, which is enough to level. I know I'm going to do that, and I recommend you all do the same.

Third, the only parcel Alexia has yet to receive is the gold. As for if anyone's owed the level 4 parcel, Alexia and QuestionMark got that parcel here, and Garrick got his here. I'm pretty sure those have been the only item rewards we've received.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Ok, so Lo-Kag, Grryth, and Gurdan are owed their 4th & 5th, but Lo-Kag is retiring right?

Gurdan doesn't have a wish-list and I can't find Grryth on the wiki. Garrick's not there either that I can find.

I'll update the reward post with Alexia & QuestionMark's level n of gold. [/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
// Thanks for doing this, Ren. I've definitely decided to replace Gurdan, so no point in getting him a parcel. I'll just spend points to level him up and then create my new guy.

renau1g

First Post
ooc - ok, that just leaves Garrick & Grryth and then we can call this a wrap.

For those who check in already, feel free to head back to the tavern and level up (or make your new PC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads