Second Dungeons & Dragons Product for Fall 2018: Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage

Wizards of the Coast announced the second product for Fall 2018, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage.

Wizards of the Coast announced the second product for Fall 2018, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage.

A video promotion from D&D Beyond (linked below) aired at the end of the Saturday events on the "Stream of Many Eyes" and was uploaded to YouTube shortly after. The book will be a megadungeon that runs from Level 6-20 that details 23 different levels to Undermountain each with their own feel and theme, along with a full detailing of Skullport. It's stated in the video that running the module with weekly sessions will take at least eight months. Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage will be out November 13, 2018, with an MSRP of $49.95.

[video=youtube;wbVRQIOuI8s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbVRQIOuI8s[/video]

This is the second product announced during the "Stream of Many Eyes" event on the Dungeons & Dragons Twitch channel. The event will continue on Sunday with celebrity games and potentially more product announcements from third-party companies like Gale Force Nine. The first product announced, Waterdeep: Dragon Heist (along with a special dice set), were announced on Friday, June 1.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

I suspect that it will not be much work at all to run Dragon Heist in the Free City of Greyhawk, and the Dungeon of the Mad Mage in the original dungeon of the original mad mage, Greyhawk Castle, with some lingering remnant of Zagig bound there.
I imagine that there will be directions in the book on exactly this conversion.

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
I suspect that it will not be much work at all to run Dragon Heist in the Free City of Greyhawk, and the Dungeon of the Mad Mage in the original dungeon of the original mad mage, Greyhawk Castle, with some lingering remnant of Zagig bound there.

Maybe you could use the City of Greyhawk book to pull it off. Is back on print on DMs Guild.

GarrettKP

Explorer
I'm hoping the July announcement is Greyhawk related

This is unlikely. During the setting survey, Greyhawk scored middle of the pack. Eberron, Dark Sun, and Planescape scored towards the top (alongside Forgotten Realms and Ravenloft which we have already) so it is likely one of those 3 settings.

qstor

Adventurer
This is unlikely. During the setting survey, Greyhawk scored middle of the pack. Eberron, Dark Sun, and Planescape scored towards the top (alongside Forgotten Realms and Ravenloft which we have already) so it is likely one of those 3 settings.

Yeah but Eberron and Dark Sun got 4e books. Greyhawk hasn't had much support since the beginning of 3e with the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer.

If it isn't Greyhawk I'd rather have the mutiple settings book like someone else mentioned with material for Dragonlance and the other settings apart from Ravenloft and Forgotten Realms.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I haven't seen them yet, but intertested on the take of what they look like this time. A couple old pit fiends from older plastic minis are goofy looking and I'm hoping this one looks great. Also the old Manshoon plastic mini looks odd with the Darth Vader death mask look.

WHEN is Wizards of the Coast going to FINALLY publish a gaming module set in Dragonlance again? The last time anyone published a book set in Krynn, was over ten years ago, and that was Margaret Weis Productions, back in 3.5 Edition (which most of us still fondly remember.)

Remove ads

Remove ads