Second Dungeons & Dragons Product for Fall 2018: Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage

Wizards of the Coast announced the second product for Fall 2018, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage.

A video promotion from D&D Beyond (linked below) aired at the end of the Saturday events on the "Stream of Many Eyes" and was uploaded to YouTube shortly after. The book will be a megadungeon that runs from Level 6-20 that details 23 different levels to Undermountain each with their own feel and theme, along with a full detailing of Skullport. It's stated in the video that running the module with weekly sessions will take at least eight months. Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage will be out November 13, 2018, with an MSRP of $49.95.

[video=youtube;wbVRQIOuI8s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbVRQIOuI8s[/video]

This is the second product announced during the "Stream of Many Eyes" event on the Dungeons & Dragons Twitch channel. The event will continue on Sunday with celebrity games and potentially more product announcements from third-party companies like Gale Force Nine. The first product announced, Waterdeep: Dragon Heist (along with a special dice set), were announced on Friday, June 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

gyor

Legend
It is a shame that people do not understand that I'm complaining about having settings locked on DMsGuildfor development and that having "toolkit books" (what?!?) does not allow anyone to develop books set in Mystara or Eberron. I do not want to download lore from dmsguild, I would like to uplad things there. And I m not allowed to do that, apart from Fr, Ravenloft or 'generic' (what?!?).

Oh okay, yeah that could be frustrating, although Dread Domains of Ravenloft contected to other settings could be a loophole.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
So speaking of "FR Specific"

"Dungeon of the Mad Mage" sounds very Castle Greyhawk. Is that also Undermountain's shtick?

Tiles

Explorer
Wotc seems to be building a bookshelf of material designed to provide a DM with the nuts and bolts to fantasy adventure. Maps, locations, npcs, etc, for all your gaming needs. (Mostly) And yes, FR is the backdrop. But now I can add urban material to my jungle and giant and dragon and vampire and ...

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Oh I see, its Halaster vs. Zagyg (who was the "mad archmage").

I guess you can't have a megadungeon without a mad wizard behind it.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases