• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

3.5 Seeking a Story Hour

Quartz

Explorer
I remember a story hour which I want to re-read. The PCs were sort-of Roman and the story was set on the outskirts of the empire, possibly Britannia. I remember it involved the rise of a dread god, a crying patron god who offered one of the PCs a choice between sword and shield, and the annihilation of one of the PCs' foils who became a friend and hero.

Which was it?

pogre

Adventurer
I remember a story hour which I want to re-read. The PCs were sort-of Roman and the story was set on the outskirts of the empire, possibly Britannia. I remember it involved the rise of a dread god, a crying patron god who offered one of the PCs a choice between sword and shield, and the annihilation of one of the PCs' foils who became a friend and hero.

Which was it?
It sounds like the setting that OldOne used to use for his games. I think he had two or three story hours here back in the mid to late 00's.

Advertisement