Sell me your Homebrew in 100 Words or less....

Catavarie

First Post
We all have them, some of us have multiples but we all love our own what are they? Our Homebrew worlds full of life that we have given them, full of history, myth, and legend. As DMs we've each spent countless hours perfecting our own little worlds for our players to become part of and to contribute to. So tell me about your Homebrew, what makes it special, unique, humorous, vibrant, lively, realistic, magical, or just down right silly.

Seems like a good topic to get things rolling with.

Nyaricus

First Post
I completely cheated on this, mind you (just over 200 words) but here she is:

Ascension: Paths of Power is a forbidding world, full of battle-hardened men, dwarves and elves ekeing out a bleak existance on the continent of Amneron. It is a dark age, where trade is non-existant and the benign peoples are fearful of the world outside of their homes. Men have their various kingdoms and empires, which reach out with catious hands to grasp at what they may. Dwarves sit in their mountain citadels, stoic and reserved, though slowly opening up their homes to the goodly races who would buy dwavencraft arms and armour. The Light Elves and their kindred stay in the deep woods of their ancient homeland, only now carefully contacting the benevolent races which they severed ties with hundreads of years ago.​
With the Dragon Crusades flaring up in the Borderlands, the orcs of the north rising up in great numbers under the banner of one master, and a horde of horsemen from beyond the Thunder Plains come to Amneron, the future is looking to be hard and harsh upon the peoples of this realm. But the few heros who are like to arise in harried times like these could very well make the difference and pull this world from the brink of pandemonium.​
But that is a tale for another day....​

cheers,
--N

Catavarie

First Post
too bad NC lost his homebrew, would have loved to see a good synopsis of it on here. But alas, now he just has to create one thats bigger and better. :p

Nightcloak

First Post
Catavarie said:
too bad NC lost his homebrew, would have loved to see a good synopsis of it on here. But alas, now he just has to create one thats bigger and better. :p

I didn't loose everything. Just a lot of the work from the last year. But yea, I'm trying to work on it when I can. The silver lining is that I get to rework some things I wished I could have done different. If I can get caught up on my school work this weekend (and that is after work!), I'll post something. I'm also working on a few more magic items for the new forums, and converting some old stuff too (which nicely ties into working on my game).

Catavarie

First Post
My lastest Homebrew: Ancient Alliances

Imagine a world where carpets fly beside Zeplins and beneath steamtrains run on monorails while powered by great magic. This is my world. The backstory is:

Centuries ago the Kingdoms all realized the need for a central Council to make decisions for the good of the whole planet. So once a fortnight the leaders of all the kingoms would meet in a magical temple where they all declared themselves equal as they debated the best course of action for their peoples. This worked great for centuries untill one of leaders died and a greedy, powerhungry son took over. Filled with rage and contempt for several of the other leaders this son desecrated the temple by murdering several leaders of other kingdoms. Five hundred years have passed since then and very few people have any knowledge of the Council of the World. Five hundred years filled with war and famine. Only in the past century has life begun to be civilized again. It began with the return of the gnomes and with them their mechanical inventions that delight onlookers and inspire all those around them. Yes life seems good, but some still wish for more power, more gold, more glory...​

Catavarie

First Post
Nightcloak said:
I didn't loose everything. Just a lot of the work from the last year. But yea, I'm trying to work on it when I can. The silver lining is that I get to rework some things I wished I could have done different. If I can get caught up on my school work this weekend (and that is after work!), I'll post something. I'm also working on a few more magic items for the new forums, and converting some old stuff too (which nicely ties into working on my game).

Glad I can be of help :)

I know I'm not really helping but I just like saying it anyways :)

Remove ads