[Sept] What Are You Reading?

Atridis

First Post
just finished Iron Council, by China Mieville
just started The Polish Officer, by Alan Furst and Looking for Jake, by China Mieville

I have read the following this month:

Iron Council by China Meiville- A very good book that is bothe evocative, original and has plenty of depth to the storyline.

Shaman's Crossing by Robin Hobb- I think i was a bit dissapointed with this book but it is still better than most other authors i have read.

Different Seasons by Stephen King- Some of the best short stories i have read (Shawshank Redemption etc.)

sniffles

First Post
CCamfield said:
I am currently reading The Deer and The Cauldron, part 1, by Louis Cha. That's the English name for a Chinese author, part of one of whose books was turned into Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. So far it's been a pretty wild ride with a young rogue named "Trinket" impersonating an Imperial eunuch and learning nifty kung fu.

Is this an English translation of the novel? I wasn't aware any of his novels had been translated except for The Book and the Sword. I love Louis Cha/Jin Yong, but so far have only been able to read English translations of the graphic novels, which isn't the same thing at all.

Also, Louis Cha did not write Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. The author of that series (CTHD is part 3 of 5) is Wang Dulu.

I'm currently reading What Life Was Like on the Banks of the Nile. It's a Time-Life book, but it's a nice description of life in ancient Egypt, with great photos.

Remove ads