• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Serenity Sequel possibility

I would kill people to make this happen.

Including every one of you.

(Okay, not really. But damn, this would be great if it happened...)

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
I love Firefly, but after the movie they need to just put the damn thing to bed. It's a great show, but we lost characters that were IMO crucial to the particular dynamic of the ensemble. A second movie or series or whatever would be missing something for me, and I'd rather they not churn another one out based on sales. A while back Joss said Firefly was never coming back, so hopefully he sticks to his guns and has enough control over the IP to prevent something like this.

Rackhir

Explorer
They could always do a prequel and delve into other aspects of things. So important characters being dead isn't necessarily a deal breaker.

However, in Hollywood the only thing that really means anything is if there is

a) Funding in place
b) All the actors signed and a director signed as well
c) Filming has started

People talk about doing stuff in Hollywood. That's what most of the industry is involved in, talking about doing stuff. Most of it mean exactly as much as "I'd like to own a Ferrari" with about as much probability of it happening.

Goobermunch

Explorer
I hate to say this, but I hated Serenity.

I loved Firefly, but Joss is at his best when he's got 20+ hours to develop a story. Confined by the movie format, Serenity was a disaster. Character development was minimal (unless you count death as "development"). And the way major characters were so callously killed just pissed me off.

I don't think I would go watch a sequel to Serenity.

I'd just stay home and watch Firefly again.

--G

Remove ads