Shade template

the Jester

Legend
Hey there!

I know that I've seen a "Shade" template somewhere- not the shadow creature or dark creature- but I can't figure out where.

Anyone able to help me out here?

the Jester

Legend
Ahh, no wonder I couldn't find it- I don't have that. :(

Is it anywhere else? Or are there any OGL versions of it out there that are any good?

hamishspence

Adventurer
Not PGtF, RoF

Shade template in most recent incarnation is in Races of Faerun. Or, if you want a true template that does not assume you to be human of Netheril, Dragon 322 has it.

It seems a bit mutable. It started out as Outsider, then Outsider (augmented humanoid) not clear if it was native or extraplanar, and now, in Anauroch adventure, it is straight Humanoid.

its not clear what Hadrhune is: in the Archwizards trilogy it was suggested he was originally elven, but in FRCS and Anauroch it says he's human.

Vascant

Wanderer of the Underdark
the Jester said:
Hmm, don't know if I have that one; anyone know what's on the cover?

It is the Darkness issue: image of a man from the chest up, red tunic with a hood and scarf/wrap that covers the lower part of his face. Eyes glazes over almost like that of someone who was blind. Also has what looks to be a short sword, only can see part of the blade (top).

The Shade template from this issue is closer to the original concept then the FR template.

Thanael

Explorer
the Jester said:
Hmm, don't know if I have that one; anyone know what's on the cover?

cover_180.jpg

the Jester

Legend
Thanks, guys!

Not sure if I have that one, but I do know that my FLGS has all the back issues of Dungeon and Dragon for half cover price at the moment, so I can always try to pick it up cheap! :)

Remove ads