D&D 5E Shadow Player Race

Okay, go into the Player's Handbook and look at how the races are written. All of the abilities are written in easy to understand language. For instance, you don't see "Hellish Rebuke: Melee Spell Attack; one target; etc." It's written as a sentence so players can just glean the information they need from it. As an aside, I'm of the firm belief that things should be as close to the official source material as possible, so I'd recommend you use the Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and the Monster Manual as your guides. Treat everything else as secondary sources.

animal chubs

First Post
I've read everything including volo's, monster to player race conversion isn't set in stone nor easy. 5e allows for immense creativity and just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean its not allowed. My goal isn't to rip apart the shadow class, its to convert it to the best of my ability. As an additional note "It's not a monster's stat block, man. Don't write it like one." So saying follow the Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and the Monster Manual as my guidelines is counter to what you said. I don't want a back and forth conversation about me not using the basic starting books. If you have actual suggestions like Redthistle did, then go ahead and help. If however you choose to continue posting that I'm not going by the recommended books then I'm not going to listen. Thanks

Remove ads