Shadowrun newbie (sort of) question

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Wait, isn't all the previous editions missions available and isn't there a porting document to update to 5th?

I don't know if all the previous adventures are available - I have most of the stuff from my early days in print form, and haven't had to look.

The only documents I know of take one from 3rd to 4th, and 4th to 5th, not, say, 1st or 2nd to 5th. And they only really handle core rulebook to core rulebook, not supplements. So, if your character was, say, an Magical Initiate, there's problems. And even with a document, converting takes work and time.

Zarithar

Adventurer
I picked up the 5e core book and am happy with my initial flip through of it. Does anyone know if there is a bestiary planned? Seems a little lacking in that department!

I picked up the 5e core book and am happy with my initial flip through of it. Does anyone know if there is a bestiary planned? Seems a little lacking in that department!
I think so. Every edition puts out a book with magical critters in it.

The main enemies in most games will just be people, though. Lone Star officers and street punks have the same stats as players, give or take. They use the same weapons and spells. Very few of them have any sort of unique powers. One of the abilities that the GM needs to develop is the ability to come up with stats at a moment's notice.

Last edited:

Derren

Hero
While previous editions have books about awakened animals those usually come late in an edition cycle unless they make a Threats 3. There are simply more important things to publish first.
As Saelorn said, your main enemy in Shadowrun are usually metahumans. If you need critters not in the book you have to build them yourself.

Remove ads