• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shards of Memory--Act I: The Boundless Void

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Galley, Eldish] "No problem then." Kirkesh says as he takes the other plate and sits down with Vanessa.

"Perhaps someone might be able to tell us what we sail for? Simple pleasure cruise? Have we cargo? Or a mission of exploration perhaps?"[/sblock]

Festy_Dog

First Post
Galley, easily observable:
[sblock][sblock=Eldish]
Bront said:
"No problem then." Kirkesh says as he takes the other plate and sits down with Vanessa.

"Perhaps someone might be able to tell us what we sail for? Simple pleasure cruise? Have we cargo? Or a mission of exploration perhaps?"
[/sblock]

*Diedrik's fork pauses before his mouth, and he nods before going into an explanation.*

[sblock=Eldish]"We have been tasked to search and acquire the Emyreal Shards. The trip will be a long one and will take us into largely unknown space. We'll likely do a lot of exploration and the like while we're on the job, and if we're lucky encounter some wealth."[/sblock]

*He gives a rueful smile, and pops the small section of bacon into his mouth.*

[sblock=Eldish]"I can't be sure why you came aboard, but I'm fairly certain you weren't suddenly gripped by the desire to spend months on a spelljammer bound for a place slightly to the left of the middle of nowhere. Nonetheless, here is where you are now, and if I can help make it more comfortable for you somehow let me know."[/sblock][/sblock]

Rystil:
[sblock]*Diedrik almost gagged when Kirkesh asked what the journey was about. He hesitated from putting the bacon in his mouth until he was slightly calmer.*

Didn't he ask the captain yesterday, when he came aboard?

*Despite this he nods and gives an explanation, hoping to see Kirkesh show even a slight sign of regret at jumping on the ship. Just saying it gives him some peace of mind though, and enables him to continue on with his light meal. He says a little more, letting his frustration trickle out well-concealed in his words, then wrapped it up with the offer of assistance.*

Who was chasing those two? Or were they just chasing one of them in particular? I certainly hope they don't have the resources and the will to chase us through wildspace.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Galley, Eldish] "Oh, I think the time away will do us a bit of good, don't you think my love?" Kirkesh says.

He works on the food on his plate, slowly eating as he listens to the conversation and that of those around him.[/sblock]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yotsu Yuriko, Female Larakese Martial Artist

[sblock=Galley, easily observable]Yuriko dutifully gathered a few fruits and vegetables together and prepared some rice, not wasting anything and only making enough of herself. when she was finished she walked over to where Deidrik was and waiting for his approval to sit with him.

[sblock=Larakese]
Festy_Dog said:
"Things to discuss? I'm intrigued. How can I help Yotsu-san?" he asks.
"Hai, Deidrik-san," Yuriko replied, "I spoke with the Captain Talia-sama about my responsibilities here . . . and we agreed that I should talk with you as well. Captain Talia-sama suggested that I arrange watch patrols for the decks as well as work on security for the vessel. I requested that I coordinate this through you." [/sblock][/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Galley, Eldish]
"Yes, I quite agree, my dear Kirkesh. I always wanted to fly freely through the stars like a bird that has escaped its cage..."[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Galley, Eldish]"So, does anyone know what the captain needs of us today? I know I've volunteered to help on the ship where needed, and Vanessa I believe is due for a lesson at the helm."[/sblock]

OOC: Kickstart :)

Festy_Dog

First Post
[sblock=Galley, easily observable]Diedrik was quick to give his approval of Yuriko's presence, and listended carefully to what she had to say.

[sblock=Eldish]
Bront said:
"So, does anyone know what the captain needs of us today? I know I've volunteered to help on the ship where needed, and Vanessa I believe is due for a lesson at the helm."

Diedrik thinks for a moment.

"Well, it can't hurt to have another pair of hands and eyes on deck. Many hands make light work and all that," he quips, "Aside from that, the captain would probably know best where things were getting hectic."[/sblock]

[sblock=Larakese]
Keia said:
"Hai, Deidrik-san," Yuriko replied, "I spoke with the Captain Talia-sama about my responsibilities here . . . and we agreed that I should talk with you as well. Captain Talia-sama suggested that I arrange watch patrols for the decks as well as work on security for the vessel. I requested that I coordinate this through you."

"Security, eh? I'm flattered that you'd request my help. I'm sure between the two of us we could organise something flexible enough to handle the unknown and varied threat levels we're going to be seeing. To be honest, Yotsu-san, I was about to do an informal patrol after breakfast," Diedrik smiles and continues, "As I perceive it, our challenge at this point would probably be establishing a watch schedule amoung the crew which won't exhaust them but still keep security tight until we can figure out the safe minimum to counter the threats we'll experience most regularly. We'll have to ask Talia about the people under her command who have martial training and whether their schedules can be modified to increase their security workload."[/sblock]

Diedrik's eating slows down as he pays more attention to the conversation with Yuriko.[/sblock]

[sblock=Rystil]Diedrik's ears pricked up at the notion of Vanessa and Kirkesh possibly splitting up at some point during the day.

Hmm, perhaps they're not joined at the hip after all.

Diedrik had just been assigned to ship security after all, and he felt it important to question the good lady on just what was going on prior to her boarding of the ship. It could be a threat to security after all. Diedrik had experience with matters of this nature anyway, and felt that it was the male who was leading this dance through wildspace, so questions were best asked without his presence as to promote honesty.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]I'm back. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yotsu Yuriko, Female Larakese Martial Artist

[sblock=Galley, easily observable]*Yuriko ate delicately at the rice and assorted cut fruits and vegatables while she conversed with Diedrik.*

[sblock=Larakese]
Diedrik said:
"Security, eh? I'm flattered that you'd request my help. I'm sure between the two of us we could organise something flexible enough to handle the unknown and varied threat levels we're going to be seeing. To be honest, Yotsu-san, I was about to do an informal patrol after breakfast," Diedrik smiles and continues, "As I perceive it, our challenge at this point would probably be establishing a watch schedule amoung the crew which won't exhaust them but still keep security tight until we can figure out the safe minimum to counter the threats we'll experience most regularly. We'll have to ask Talia about the people under her command who have martial training and whether their schedules can be modified to increase their security workload."
"I would agree, Diedrik-san," Yuriko said, pleased that Diedrik was interested in working with her. "I would also suggest a summary of all those with mystical training. At certain times it would also be prudent to have one with such training on hand as well."

Yuriko bowed her head a moment, keeping her eyes downcast, her long black hair hiding her face a bit. "I would be honored to walk with you on your patrol, if you will have me."[/sblock][/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Galley, Easily Observable, eldish]Kirkesh finishes his breakfast "Well, I'll be as much of a help as I can be. I'm no stranger to this ship, so shouldn't take me long to fit in with the crew."

Kirkesh looks to Vanessa "Dear, do you know your way to the helm? I'm sure the Captain could use another helmsman as well. And if not, you're welcome to come with me and I'll try to show you the ropes of a spelljamming sailor."[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Galley, easily observable][SBLOCK=Eldish]"I remember where it is, yes, so I can find it if you'd like me to go there," Vanessa replies.[/SBLOCK]

*Just then, Zaeryn heads in quickly and single-mindedly and begins searching through the cabinets until he finds a chilled location containing ice cream, and, looking oddly at it and nodding to himself, he runs off before anyone can speak to him.*[/SBLOCK]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads