Share your background music playlists / resources

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I love using a combination of background music and noice generators.

For the music, I have a library of select game-soundtracks, the songs of which I have arranged into 4 playlists:

-Battle (as the name implies)
-Ominous (eerie music for suspense)
-Rural (peaceful music for wilderness and villages)
-Tavern (as the name implies. Also used for larger cities)

The soundtracks I use are mainly from the 3 Elder Scrolls games (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim) because I find them to be suitably atmospheric and not "in your face". Also, Baldur's Gate 1&2, Icewind Dale1&2, Neverwinter Nights 1&2, Pillars of Eternity and World of Warcraft. I also have some Baroque lute music that fits nicely.

As for noise, I use "mynoise" which I find excellent. The generators are very customizable and you can find pretty much everything you need: dungeons, sewers, battle, rain, wind, fire, spooky, wilderness wildlife, flowing water, waves, as well as lots of modern noises (ehich of course I don't use in a fantasy setting)

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

Awesome, thank you!

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I generally don't use ambient sound/music in the background of my games, but I did use one once, which worked fine and I may use it again...

I even asked for a feudal Japan flavored soundtrack from the site's developer, and 3 days later he released Samurai HQ.

Tabletopaudio.com

I use a large collection of various movie and game soundtracks, especially the Thief 1,2 and 3 soundtracks. I mix them with ambient sound effects, such as forest sounds, ocean sounds, or the sounds of a busy market.

[video=youtube;bjDkRpDMuwk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjDkRpDMuwk[/video]

Vyas

Villager
Back in the day, we used to let a player listen to which ever CD they wanted be it SoundGarden, Metallica or the Crow, Score.

Remove ads