Shelter from the Storm - No B&W version?

Boregar

First Post
Not really a complaint, just a wonderment.

Is there any particular reason why there doesn't seem to be a black and white version of the pdf for Shelter from the Storm? It came in handy when sneakily printing the modules off at work. ;)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That's actually a question I've been meaning to ask folks - because I've never understood the value of a b/w version. Surely you can just tell your printer to print the colour version in b/w? I do it all the time.

Honestly, the only use I found for it was that it was easier to carry the B&W pdfs on my flash drive if I wanted to show them off to my friends. But, well, I have gmail.

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
I can whip one up if there is serious demand for it. It's entirely my fault -- it doesn't exist yet, so it wasn't in the finished package I delivered to Russ.

Mind you, I've had the same thought in the past regarding printing the color version on a greyscale printer or set to greyscale through Adobe Reader/Acrobat print options, but Ryan brings up a good point regarding file size -- the difference is pretty dramatic, honestly.

the8bitdeity

First Post
I can whip one up if there is serious demand for it. It's entirely my fault -- it doesn't exist yet, so it wasn't in the finished package I delivered to Russ.

Mind you, I've had the same thought in the past regarding printing the color version on a greyscale printer or set to greyscale through Adobe Reader/Acrobat print options, but Ryan brings up a good point regarding file size -- the difference is pretty dramatic, honestly.

It does help on the file size for sure, for instance I leave the B&W files on my iDisk and I can read the module from my iPhone. The load times are exponentially different.

Erywin

First Post
Honestly, I have never seen customer support like they give here at EN Publishing. Another Kudos to the team. Four more days until I get to start my campaign!

Cheers,
E

Boregar

First Post
Another big thumbs up from me. I honestly wasn't expecting a B&W version to be made available, and especially not so soon.

So, thanks.

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
It includes the new map Steve posted and so is marked "Revision 0.5" (no other substantive errata corrections). I'll see if I can update the color versions by the end of the week.

Remove ads