• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ship to ship

Venport

First Post
what do you use for your ship to ship battles i'm thinking SW but others could work well.. the best i could find was micro machines but i can only find the on ebay any ideas???

Well, we've gotten word at GenCon(and in a chat 'at' UnCON) that there will be a miniature's line like the Star Wars minis for a Starship game. Looking at what we've got, there's a chance it will be coming out in about a year.

Oh, and until then, I still use my old micro machines. Glad I bought those things when they were out all those years ago.

Venport

First Post
that's what i had heard... however my game will start in less than a year (mabye) I was just trying to see if there are any other ideas out there

King_Stannis

Explorer
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Well, we've gotten word at GenCon(and in a chat 'at' UnCON) that there will be a miniature's line like the Star Wars minis for a Starship game. Looking at what we've got, there's a chance it will be coming out in about a year.

Oh, and until then, I still use my old micro machines. Glad I bought those things when they were out all those years ago.

Any word on whether or not this will be a licensed game for Star Wars or not? If so I am majorly pumped.

The Edge

First Post
Im going to use cardboard hand drawn cutouts. I always wanted some micro machines when I was younger, oh well. At least useing my own drawings lets me see the ships as they should look.

kenobi65

First Post
King_Stannis said:
Any word on whether or not this will be a licensed game for Star Wars or not?

That was the context in which it was being discussed, I believe.

As far as what I use for starship combat...we were playing the d6 SWRPG for many years before WotC got the license, and so I had bought a ton of the SW Micro Machines ships back when they were on the market, and easy to come by. So, I'm not much help. :p

However, there's a ton of starship miniatures out there, for other games (Babylon 5, Star Trek, Battlefleet Gothic, etc., etc.) If you're not fussy about having something exactly represent SW ships, I'm sure you can find *something* at a well-stocked games store.

Rhun

First Post
I still use a lot of my old scool counters from my Star Frontiers: Knight Hawks boxed set, and some from my Renegade Legion: Interceptor and Renegade Legion: Leviathon sets.

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
Well, for my upcoming star-faring magic siblings campaign, I'm going to have Treasure Planet/Spelljammer style flying ships, so I'll be using a modded Pirates of the Spanish Main.

Remove ads