Shock: Social Science Fiction

dikaiosunh

First Post
Shock: Social Science Fiction is a game about the way that confronts the concerns of today through the funhouse mirror of the technology of tomorrow. I can't tell you much about the specific setting, since that is determined through play. Players create a matrix of "Issues" (items of concern and interest, such as capitalism, familial relations, animal rights, etc.) and "Shocks" (new technologies - e.g., cloning, hyperlight travel, or artificial intelligence). They then create protagonists who will confront the intersections of those shocks and issues through the game.

The game is GM-less: each player creates a protagonist, and an antagonist who creates adversity for another player.

If that all sounds too dry and abstract: just think Asimov, Gibson, Sterling, Clarke, Stephenson, etc.! How will we deal with the future when we're still hanging on to the baggage of today?

Players:
1. Mel White
2. Quinn Harlech

Alternates:

Last edited:

Cassander

First Post
I'm sorry your game didn't make, but thanks for joining my game. Although we weren't as ready as we shoulda been for a bigger group, you guys did allow us to use some of the extra goblins we had prepared which was fun. I know a somewhat campy game of simple D&D is probably about as far from Shock as you can get, so I hope the transition wasn't too bad. Your gusto was appreciated :D

Remove ads