[Shop] The Grimm Smithy

Dargon

First Post
As Hulgyr leave a young well dressed man walks up to Zack .
"That shine full plate certainly look like good craftsmanship. I am Lord Baldrian, and I am looking for armor and a shield. Might that be something you could help with?”

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I think so. Something special or run-of-the-mill?"
Zack starts tidying up after working the mithral plate armor as he talks to the newcomer.

Dargon

First Post
Lord Baldrian studies the breastplate on display while speaking
"I was thinking on chain mail and a light shield but to be honest it depends on the price"

Dalamar

Adventurer
Zack rubs his chin in thought.
"Hmm... a standard issue chain mail and shield would be... a hundred and twenty-five gold. Hundred if you give me a hand in making 'em. For a better-quality set, I'd say three hundred and you need to be there assisting me."

OoC: "give a hand" in this case meaning you donate half the craft points, and "assisting" being "donate half the craft points and make Aid Another checks".

Dargon

First Post
"A hundred and twenty five, sounds fair to me you have a deal."

OoC: A masterwork would be nice but Lord Baldrian doesn’t have the cash for it. This is actually his starting equipment and with three or four pc armor smiths in town, I thought I might as well increase the pc trade in town. Anyway, Lord Baldrian is still willing to assist if you need it, fluff wise we could just say the higher the roll the better the look.
On a successful aid, I could add 4 to you roll. +2 from aid another and +2 from his Nobility Domain

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC: The Aid Another would've only been required so that Zack wouldn't need to roll the Craft check to succeed in making masterwork armor, failing a couple quickly adds up in craft point and material costs.

Xael

First Post
A young man enters the smithy, lazily raising his hand to a greeting. "Oi, Zack. Think you could manage to make me a better sword? A really sharp one. From whatever that really, really expensive, sharp, durable and so on black metal was.", he says.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Hey, bro. Sure, I actually brought some back from that geth-yanky mine we were in to make myself a new scythe," Zack answers, indicating the scythe that is currently behind the counter with his breastplate and other adventuring gear. "Really difficult to work with, but I managed in the end. I think I might have enough left over to forge a sword. Can't afford to just give away that stuff, family or no family. Give me a hand and you'll get it for a hundred score gold."

OoC: Translation: Donate half the craft points and 2,000gp.

Last edited:

Remove ads