D&D General Should a low level character know to burn a troll?

Should a low level character know to burn a troll?

• Yes

Votes: 86 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 21.1%

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Nobody made even the slightest suggestion that you are required to answer. You made a comment about passive-aggressiveness. I described how I wasn't being so. That's it. There's nothing else there, dude.

You don't want to answer, that's fine. You could even stop responding entirely - that'd be okay too.

Nice attempt to blame me for something I never did. I never claimed you were being passive aggressive (I would have been kicked from the thread by now if I had). Heck, I didn't even imply it. It wasn't me that made a comment about passive-aggressiveness. It was you. My comment was about something else entirely and I have no idea why you responded to me by trying to claim you weren't passive aggressive. Maybe it was a guilty conscious or maybe you misread me, I really don't know.

Anyways, stopping to respond to someone entirely isn't my style. You're welcome to not respond to me though.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
I do not think it is possible to meaningfully separate player and character knowledge. I think you can play against your knowledge to either engage in dramatic irony or to be a good sport and let the GM have their fun, but that is not like separating player and character knowledge. You are very much acting on the knowledge you have as a player to act against it.

FrogReaver

I do not think it is possible to meaningfully separate player and character knowledge. I think you can play against your knowledge to either engage in dramatic irony or to be a good sport and let the GM have their fun, but that is not like separating player and character knowledge. You are very much acting on the knowledge you have as a player to act against it.

You've got my vote!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I never claimed you were being passive aggressive

Okay. I didn't say you did, so we seem to be on the same page there.

Is there a reason to continue this?

(I would have been kicked from the thread by now if I had).

Unlikely. For one thing, I generally put up with a lot of nonsense aimed at me, personally. For another, it typically takes more than a single minor incident to get a threadban. If you had established a pattern of treating people poorly in other ways, for example, such a thing might prove to be a final straw; but alone, would not usually be considered enough to be booted from the thread. As evidenced by how we have only handed out a couple of threadbans since the site was upgraded - they aren't common.

If there's any other moderation misconceptions I can clear up for you, please take it to PM.

FrogReaver

Okay. I didn't say you did, so we seem to be on the same page there.

Is there a reason to continue this?

Unlikely. For one thing, I generally put up with a lot of nonsense aimed at me, personally. For another, it typically takes more than a single minor incident to get a threadban. If you had established a pattern of treating people poorly in other ways, for example, such a thing might prove to be a final straw; but alone, would not usually be considered enough to be booted from the thread. As evidenced by how we have only handed out a couple of threadbans since the site was upgraded - they aren't common.

If there's any other moderation misconceptions I can clear up for you, please take it to PM.

Well there's one last thing for me, I am very curious as to why you told me you weren't being passive aggressive since I never claimed you were.

In most cases where a character's backstory didn't include a reason for them to specifically know something I would say a DM approved skill should be used for a knowledge check with the DC varying depending on the rarity of said monster and the character's backstory.

Remove ads