D&D General Should Bearded Female Dwarves be the Default?

Should Bearded Female Dwarves be the Default?

• Yes

Votes: 46 20.4%
  • No

Votes: 64 28.4%
  • A possible trait, but not universal

Votes: 94 41.8%
  • No opinion

Votes: 21 9.3%

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
For me, dwarves having horns or stone skin isn't a part of the dwarves that I (and a lot of my friends male and female) have grown up with. But men and women both having beards is. And the only dwarf I've seen close to seven feet tall is one Carrot Ironfoundersson (sorry, Discworld reference, couldn't resist :p ).
avengers-infinity-war-endgame-eitri-weapons-stormbreaker-guantle-1159698.jpg

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Just put in their physical description that male and female dwarves can both grow beards, though not all do. Give us artwork with dwarven women with and without facial hair. Done.
Keep in mind that the physical descriptions and artwork in the official books are explicitly Forgotten Realms based. I ask people who are more knowledgeable about FR than I am, has there ever been any indication that female dwarves ever grow beards in FR? If not, then adding bearded female dwarf art would be a pretty big change.

If they decide to tie the core books and their artwork less closely to the Forgotten Realms, then dwarf appearances should be said explicitly to vary by setting.

HammerMan

Legend
Here. I made a claim and now I'm backing it up, as I'm supposed to.

I could keep going and going and going, but I think you should understand that the burden is upon you to prove that claim of yours. A claim without proof deserves little or no weight being given to it by anyone reading the claim. If you want your claim to mean something, you need to back it up with proof.

Another unsubstantiated claim! The player base will now be cut because dwarven women other than the PC might have beards!

Yes. Yes you do. As I showed in my last post, a non-0 number of people exist on every side of an issue. It's impossible to change for all of them. If you want change to happen, you need more than an unsubstantiated claim consisting of arbitrary numbers.
still wrong... nobody owes you an explanation, nobody owes you a google search so stop. at this point you are boarder line harraseing me. I made a statement you disagree and that fine but it does not give you a right to anything

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Mod Note:
Folks, some of you are getting a tad testy.

Please take a breath, and possibly take a break, before one of you says something that will bring unfortunate consequences.

Remove ads