D&D (2024) Should Forgotten Realms remain the default setting?

Keep FR or use something else?

• Keep FR

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • Give something else a shot

Votes: 40 50.6%

Gorck

Prince of Dorkness
One thing I would like to see in every adventure book is more space given to how to incorporate each adventure into the different official settings, so instead of a few words we actually get a reasonable entry on how and where this adventure would work in Eberron, Exandria, etc.
I haven't read every 5e adventure book, but I like that they did exactly this for Tales From The Yawning Portal. Maybe because it consists of several unrelated adventures originally based in different settings that they tied together in one book.

Unfortunately, they didn't have suggestions on where to run the adventures in Wildemount, so I spent a few weeks converting it on my own. So naturally, just after I began running the first adventure for my daughter, she decided that she wanted to try her hand at DMing. All that hard work and effort to convert it and now we're not even playing it. But it was for a good cause. Anything to encourage my little pumpkin to express her creativity. :)

vagabundo

Adventurer
Is keep it. BUT I'd give it a grey box gazetteer overview and maybe one or two starting places and then tell DMs that it's there are a multiverse of FRs and to take from the setting books what they like.

In the DM guide maybe Loudwater or Neverwinter, somewhere in the Dale's and somewhere down SE of Fearun. And let DMs loose...

Remove ads