• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Showdown in the Forgotten Ruins

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Two for back, one for forward. Let's have all the active players give an opinion on this, then, as it is fairly important. I'll have the NPCs just cancel each other out)

Bront

The man with the probe
"We can if we are careful. I'll take a back position, as I can attack it easier, but someone needs to tend to Alton." Cade says.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Listening to the illusionist's description of the creature, Tandi understood what has happening. Some creatures had the ability to appear in one place while actually being a few feet away. She would have to adapt her fighting style to try to anticipate where the creature actually was.

"The paladin is right, we should pull back and tend to our wounded. Mark this path as dangerous and come back when we are more prepared for the beast. I'll stay near the wounded should it attack them while we are in retreat."

B4cchus

Explorer
"Can we find out way back through this blasted maze then? If that proves too difficult we should take a stand here, how dangerous that may be. If the retreat takes too long the creature will harry us the whole way back."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I don't think anyone has been chalking the walls or drawing a map, so the possibility remains of getting lost, particularly if the weird optical illusions also apply to finding your way around. You would likely be harried all the way back. Of course, if you continue, you would be harried all the way forward. If you take a stand here, you'll be harried here. Harrying seems likely!)

Lot

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: I don't think anyone has been chalking the walls or drawing a map, so the possibility remains of getting lost, particularly if the weird optical illusions also apply to finding your way around. You would likely be harried all the way back. Of course, if you continue, you would be harried all the way forward. If you take a stand here, you'll be harried here. Harrying seems likely!)

Rhys mentioned he was chalking the walls back in Post 76. I'm not sure how they show up on the crystal but it worth a try.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: D'oh, I had a funny feeling I might have been forgetting someone who did that--it was a long time ago :eek: So there is chalk on the crystals! It isn't super-easy to see, but it should help find the way back)

BigB

First Post
Rhys looks forward and back seemingly thinking on the situation.....I am for moving forward, it seems no matter what we will be attacked. What if we mix up our order so that we evenly spread out our fighters hoping that no matter where this creature appears we may reach it.

Lot

First Post
Eskon, still peering down the crystaline hall for danger, nods.

"I disagree but the worst thing we can do now is argue. If you want to push forward, let's do so. It's better than staying here."

The paladin moves to the front, looking deep into his heart for the ability to sense any evil before him.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads