• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Silven Publishing Relaunches its Website &Releases the Final Issue of the Trumpeter

In celebration of the 1st anniversary of the establishment of Silven Entertainment, Silven Publishing has launched a brand new, redesigned website. The new site better serves the needs of Silven and its customers by focusing on Silven's print partnership with Mongoose Publishing and on its PDF products. In the coming weeks, Silven will release updates on the ever increasing content of the site. The company is committed to expanding its online store, re-launching its community forums (in an updated format), and providing new content for its product lines.

With the launch of the new site comes another milestone for Silven: the final issue of the Silven Trumpeter. The Trumpeter has been the largest free online RPG e-zine for the last 4 years. Focusing on edgy and varied content, as well intriguing previews and interviews, the Trumpeter – under the leadership of Elizabeth R.A. Liddell – has been a leader in e-zine production values and quality.

The final issue of the Trumpeter is over 70 pages of RPG related material. It features an exclusive preview of Spycraft: World on Fire (Crafty Games) as well as an interview with the creators of the game. It contains articles on upcoming conventions, magic swords, new monsters from the Silven Bestiary, a new reptilian race known as the Nhar, a look at ghosts and spirits of ancient Rome, ranged combat, new magic from the Spell Bazaar, an interview with Mark Smylie (creator of Artesia), a roleplaying experiment utilizing Indian mythology, a new insect hive template, and a preview for Silven's Ironstorm Mountain - a new adaptable setting in Silven's Horrendous Habitats series. It has reviews of Lines of Legend: Winter Elves (Secular Games), Artesia: Adventures in the Known World (Archaia Studios Press), Future Broken (93 Games Studio), The Scouring of Gate Pass (EN World), and The Esoterrorists (Pelgrane Press). Finally, the Trumpeter includes five new pieces of original fiction!

Silven's staff members are sad to see the end of the Trumpeter, but know that this will allow us to focus on developing our print lines. The final issue of the Trumpeter is available at Silven's new site.

Last edited:

Sigurd

First Post
Congratulations on the new site it looks slick.

I like the site but I'll miss the trumpeter. When it did D20 material, you made good stuff.

Sigurd

Sigurd said:
Congratulations on the new site it looks slick.

I like the site but I'll miss the trumpeter. When it did D20 material, you made good stuff.

Sigurd

Thanks! We'll miss it too, but we feel it's time to put all of our energies into our print and PDF lines, so we have to put the Trumpeter aside.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads