Attachments

• laurelhardy.gif
    laurelhardy.gif
    50 KB · Views: 74

Drew

Explorer
Michael Morris said:
Here. I'm the fat one.

Well....that's another fine mess you've gotten me in. I used to have a name that was similar to another poster, so I changed it to avoid association. Then again, I mostly lurk, so its not a big deal.

Oh, and for the record, I don't get the Morrus / Michael Morris thing at all.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Drew said:
Oh, and for the record, I don't get the Morrus / Michael Morris thing at all.
e

I get why it happens - my surname is Morrissey, Michael's is Morris, and my username is Morrus. Three vaguely similar sounding words, plus the fact that Michael has a position of resonsibility here can lead to confusion. It's totally understandable, although it still bugs me! :)

William Ronald

Explorer
Morrus said:
e

I get why it happens - my surname is Morrissey, Michael's is Morris, and my username is Morrus. Three vaguely similar sounding words, plus the fact that Michael has a position of resonsibility here can lead to confusion. It's totally understandable, although it still bugs me! :)

The name confusion is understandable. Heck, I receive so much junk mail with wrong versions of my name that I automatically discard it when my name is mispelled. (It was even worse for my dad, whose paper medical records were often placed in the wrong drawer.)

Psionicist

Explorer
I hear you. About five years ago I registered with this name. A year or two later Psion registered as Psion. Not only is the name more concise and up-to-date, he's a better and more productive member than me! I feel like a previous-gen game console. Heck, my avatar is a block like in Pong! ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads