• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Simplified Pathfinder Bestiary

vivsavage

Explorer
Does anyone know if there is a 3rd party product that presents simplified Pathfinder creature stat blocks? I generally find the PF stat blocks to be unwieldy, with far too many special abilities, feats, spells, and so on. Here are a couple of pages of my attempt at such a product.
bestiary sheet 1.jpgbestiary sheet 2.jpg

JeffB

Legend
I wish there was. That looks great.

Closest thing I know of is the monster section of the Beginner Box. And people have made up some spreadsheet forms to traansfer standard monsters into the same format, but it's manual entry so the work still needs to be done.

Kinak

First Post
Great work! Really like the look of the new blocks.

This is also something of a dream of mine. To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a product like this out there yet, but it's possible I've missed it.

With the "Not usable on consecutive rounds." you could probably remove the checkboxes for the breath weapons. It also feels a touch weird with the chimera to have bite/bite as a standard rather than bite/bite/gore (one for each head).

Cheers!
Kinak

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I wonder if there would be enough interest in this for a Kickstarter?

Probably. There is a desire for a simpler PF, if all the complaints on the internet are an indicater.

I'd just go with a low funding goal* and see where that takes me. If you are doing it out of passion and not for the "millions", and think you can deliver, go for it.

*Kickstarter campaigns are more tricky than that. Needs lots of research, prep work and promo.

vivsavage

Explorer
Probably. There is a desire for a simpler PF, if all the complaints on the internet are an indicater.

I'd just go with a low funding goal* and see where that takes me. If you are doing it out of passion and not for the "millions", and think you can deliver, go for it.

*Kickstarter campaigns are more tricky than that. Needs lots of research, prep work and promo.
Yeah, I'm just finishing up a Kickstarter campaign that has a $2500 goal. It's now about to hit $3600 and has 7 days left. I was thinking of a $2000 goal for the bestiary. But I need to see if there is market for it.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Yeah, I'm just finishing up a Kickstarter campaign that has a $2500 goal. It's now about to hit $3600 and has 7 days left. I was thinking of a $2000 goal for the bestiary. But I need to see if there is market for it.

If it matters at all I'd support it, but being that youre posting this in what is pretty much a D&D Stronghold I think that you might get a better gauge if you posted this over on the Paizo boards. Somehow I think there's just waaaay more traffic for this over there...

JeffB

Legend
I would be interested too. When I run PF, I only use the BB and the prd for monsters/spells/items. So a "lite" monster manual would be awesome.

And agreed I would guage interest on a forum geared towards PF fans.

vivsavage

Explorer
If it matters at all I'd support it, but being that youre posting this in what is pretty much a D&D Stronghold I think that you might get a better gauge if you posted this over on the Paizo boards. Somehow I think there's just waaaay more traffic for this over there...
Yeah, I've posted over there. The thing that stinks is that you can't include images within your post, so it's hard to show what I'm thinking of. I included links to my sample pages, but who knows if anyone will bother to check them out?

Remove ads