• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sins of Our Fathers II - New Art Uploaded - 1/25

TDRandall

Explorer
I thought back on it over the weekend and decided yes, even every three days I want it to go for YEARS rather than "just" months. Thank goodness I can breathe again and probably have that wish (well, the "years" part, probably not the "three days" part. Guess I can give Destan a LITTLE bit of downtime - like I really have the choice ;) ).

I had caught where the players were now 17th level, but are you kidding? "All" we have read brings the characters only to 5th level so far? With what they've faced already (description-wise - I've not tracked down the stats of the demons, the wolfen or the horned hunter) I'm surprised there haven't been numerous TPKs if they were that low level!

Now the giant wasp "victory" makes a bit more sense - I just figured it was one infernal-templated colossal 747-type critter and that the players had rolled incredibly poorly.

BTW, the Baden stuff has been good - but my favorite surviving character (so far) has to be Kellus.

grodog

Hero
[whine]
It's been so long since an update, I don't remember what was happening in the story.
[/whine]

Guess it's time to re-read :D

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
It has been a long time. But just think, when some ENworld newbie wanders over to the story hour section a few months from now, finding this little gem among all the others, he'll quickly gloss over our fan-boy-and-girl posts and rush on to the next part of the story.

Yeah, that probably does make you feel any better... that's just what I did with all the first story hour, so now I'm paying dues :)

And here's my 2 cents

Or more if you like. I have read the entire SH (part 1 and 2) (to the exclusion of all others I read) over a period of several days (short on time at work :( ) without posting before, but now I finally caught up I think it's time for me to give some (i.e. a whole lot) of well-earned praise to Destan and his players for keeping me on the edge of my seat for almost each and every update. I can admit I have read parts with tears in my eyes (especially the part where Baden claims Poriden died in battle / that was really truly awesome) and other parts with my heart jumping around in my chest. I do not really think I can give any tips about writing, seeing as you already have gotten it down to an art, but I will ask / beg / plead / threaten or whatever it takes to see a new update very very shortly.

trexmaster

First Post
A'vandira Silvermane said:
Or more if you like. I have read the entire SH (part 1 and 2) (to the exclusion of all others I read) over a period of several days (short on time at work :( ) without posting before, but now I finally caught up I think it's time for me to give some (i.e. a whole lot) of well-earned praise to Destan and his players for keeping me on the edge of my seat for almost each and every update. I can admit I have read parts with tears in my eyes (especially the part where Baden claims Poriden died in battle / that was really truly awesome) and other parts with my heart jumping around in my chest. I do not really think I can give any tips about writing, seeing as you already have gotten it down to an art, but I will ask / beg / plead / threaten or whatever it takes to see a new update very very shortly.

You forgot bribing too ;)

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
Hiya everyone.

I actually have the next update written, but I don't like the way it "feels", so I'm gonna toy with it for a bit. This time of year isn't very conducive to writing, for me. We've got American football, hunting season, the holidays, etc. I'm sorry for the long silence and the delay. I can lay part of the blame on Sepulchrave for getting me interested (or re-interested, as it were) in medieval Brittany. Other EN Worlders have recommended some great books that I've been reading - Heroes Die by Matthew Woodring Stover comes to mind. Anyway, I suppose this is nothing more than a long-winded excuse.

Here's a pseudo-update. The cover art for the Return of Ippizicus Child-Eater has been re-done from that used on the limited edition sold at GenCon. It's by Peter Bradley from ravenchilde.com - I think it's quite good.

Take care,
D

Attachments

• DWcover-small.jpg
    DWcover-small.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 426

trexmaster

First Post
Destan said:
Hiya everyone.

I actually have the next update written

YIPIE !

Destan said:
Anyway, I suppose this is nothing more than a long-winded excuse.

You don't need any excuse. Just write at your own rythm and with the usual quality and we're happy. But as a word about that, maybe you should stop hunting. Firearms = BAD !

Destan said:
Here's a pseudo-update. The cover art for the Return of Ippizicus Child-Eater has been re-done from that used on the limited edition sold at GenCon. It's by Peter Bradley from ravenchilde.com - I think it's quite good.

Yup ! I like it ! But maybe if we could get a bigger version... (who said never satisfied fan ? :p )

Destan said:
Take care,
D

You too man.

Funeris

First Post
as per the firearm comment... :)

As per the firearm comment, he's actually using a compound bow...I believe.
And the man needs time to relax....So he should rest up...
that way his other group can play on Monday...mwa ha ha ha ha...

i know, its a sad excuse for a BUMP. oh well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads