Slaves of the Dragon (orsal judging)

Knight Otu

First Post
"If we're unlucky, the village Felden, the one I mentioned earlier, may already be under the dragon's control. We only know for sure about Grenton. You want to scout up to the forests? That may be a good idea, actually, I hear it's for hiding. But it's far enough that you should consider taking horses."

The travel to Allimon is uneventful, though not particularly fast. Jakub's stable holds six heavy horses, which he'll lend to the people wanting to scout the wilderness, giving a few basic instruction on their handling where desired.

(Velmont - yes, you're in, of course. No one else has claimed the crossbow, so you're the first. Remember to mark it on your character sheet)

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus leaps for joy at the offer of a horse. "I really thought I was going to die in there. I've been chased through the forest by a wolf the size of a horse, but riding in that wagon was definitely the worst experience of my short life."

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Veras-Re grimaced at the mention of "horses" and "scouting team".

Though he does not shirk his duties, he did feel more than a mere dislike for the idea of being mounted. His animal (if he is lent one) shared the same feeling about the uncomely dwarf.

fuzzy

First Post
A horse sounds like a good idea. This wagon was getting pretty cramped. You said you could give us a little instruction with the horses. I don't know much about horseback riding.

jayaint

First Post
I might just ride with someone, if that's okay? I'm too small to control a horse... even a pony. I'd rather trust my feet to the ground, but I don't want to hold up the group.

Thanyvan looks around and hopes one of the "big folks" will make a spot for him on their horse.

SlagMortar

First Post
"Hop aboard friend Thanyvan! You are more than welcome to ride with me, and combined I doubt we weigh as much as some of the others, eh?"

Planus reaches down his hand to help Thanyvan up onto the horse behind him.

fuzzy

First Post
Rika walks over to the horses and gets on the saddle of the closest one. She looks uncomfortabel on the horses back.

Do any of these horses have names?

Rika rides the horse for a couple short loops, getting used to riding again.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Velmont said:
"As I said, I prefer to be in the village rather than the wild. I am more familiar with people ways than animals." she reply to the merchant, playing with her snake in her hands.

Katherine smiles. "I think it would be best if your tiny friend stayed out of sight as much as possible while we scout the village. A certain amount of arms and protective clothing could be accepted in a group of travelers, but we don't want to be seen as a threat. To that end, I recomend that we do as much of our scouting in plain sight as possible. Enter the village in the evening as travelers hoping to stop for the night, and I can make open contact with Sina's mother by simply being friendly, and explain our true purpose once we have a bit of privacy. Find out as much as we can openly, then overnight, perhaps Jack can find a bit more."

"though, jack," She gives him a impish look, "until the time comes for active sneaking, its possible that you would be a bit less conspicous if you were, well, a bit more conspicous." She winks at the halfling and adds in his own tongue, "Us boring big folk tend to get confused when we can't keep track of how many visitors we have."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion lets himself out of the cramped wagon. "Horses you say? Hmm... I must admit, I have never ridden one before." He walks over to the equine mounts and studies them. "Though I do have a way with animals." He smiles as he strokes one of the horses. "I can see they are treated well. That is good, for I have... well, I have dealed with some caretakers who lacked the necessary... care to own an animal." He hops on top of the horse he was stroking. "I would love to introduce Garma to your dog, friend, but I fear that he might frighten the horses." To Jakub he says, "Are they trained for combat?"

jayaint

First Post
Thanyvan hops up onto the back of the horse carrying Planus. He looks around and is almost dizzy.

Something new everyday, it seems. If only the family back home cared enough for me to write and tell them... hrm. Alas, it is a new world that I explore. Onwards!!

Remove ads