• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Slaves of the Dragon (orsal judging)

SlagMortar

First Post
"Huzzah!" says Planus raising a fist in the air. He looks around for any injured party members and uses up to 3 cure minor wounds (keeping detect magic).

OOC: My character's been verbed. I'm so proud. If you are injured, go ahead and claim a cure minor wounds if you want.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
ooc: We've been planusing all battle! :lol: I don't have to roll the CdG, do I?

"Ah!" Farid lifts his urgosh for a last swing, to make sure Eskaron's reign does end here. A look of relief goes over his face, followed by a smile. "So, the townspeople are safe from him. And, hopefully, at least most of the crusaders." He looks around and then at himself, observing that he's a mess and gives a chuckle. "Well, at least things will be a little easier for them now."

<I'm a hero now?> "What next?"

Velmont

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
"What next?"

"I think it will be time to see how Grenton will lives with the Integrators next to them. And for us, we might need to secure a bit more this region. Both some members of our group and our new ally here" showing the druid kobold "have seen that the forest have some problems. We've all seen those large wolf. But I think that can wait at least one day, so we can relax a bit, heal our wounds, gather our strength and help the villager to return to a normal life."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Katheine says quietly to the kobald druid, "There is also the matter of the valuables that have been taken from these and other villagers. I don't think either of us wants them destroying the complex searching for hidden treasures, but they are owed for their servitude."

Knight Otu

First Post
Farid raises his urgrosh, and brings it down on Eskaron's neck, beheading the creature. Immediately, it changes back to human form. The villagers let out a sigh of relief.

The kobold heretic, when approached by Katherine and Opale, says "The new leaders will certainly withdraw any remaining kobolds from the occupied villages, and plant reparatory payments with the village leaders. I doubt they can do so openly, but they will do so. With the withdrawn soldiers, they might be able to take care of the worg problem easily."
"Beyond the conjured mist is a trapped hallway that leads to Eskaron's sanctum. Once the halfling warrior has taken care of the traps, you can find his hoard there. As despicable as Eskaron's rule was, it brought prosperity to the clan for several years. It should be enough for the villages and you."

Pbartender

First Post
Knight Otu said:
"Beyond the conjured mist is a trapped hallway that leads to Eskaron's sanctum. Once the halfling warrior has taken care of the traps, you can find his hoard there. As despicable as Eskaron's rule was, it brought prosperity to the clan for several years. It should be enough for the villages and you."

Jack rubs his hands in anticipation, and dissappears into the mist to set to work on the profittable portion of this adventure.

OOC: He'll take all the time he needs to find the traps and disable them... Would you like roll for that?

Velmont

First Post
"Are you sure you don't want some more help for the Worg. As I told, a few members have shown interest to take care of this problem after we secured the village. I think it would be a good thing too... but I from what I've seen, I don't think you'll have much problem with it. You seems ressourcefull. The offer is in your camp, you can still consider it, we won't leave now, we still have to see over the village.

But I have a question for you. Do you know what affilation was Z'zess?"
asks Opale.

Knight Otu

First Post
The kobold shouts after Jack "Careful. One trap is directly behind the door."

"Z'zess slightly leaned our way, but was an Indifferent. Like so many kobolds, he was ignorant, perhaps willfully, of the legends and politics, but he thought that there needs not be unprovoked hostility towards your kin. Partially due to unwanted attention towards the clan, though. He was stationed in Grenton, I believe.
As for help against the worgs, that is for the clan leaders to decide, not me. They will need to take stock of what remains once the villages are liberated. If they are welcome to send messengers to Grenton, the villagers can alert you if you can be found. I hear Orussus hosts a building that attracts people like you."

Jack begins his task of searching and disarming any traps he may find. As the kobold said, he finds a trap right behind the door, and another soon after. Much like other traps encountered, these are a spear traps aimed at larger folks, and he easily disables them. Continuing the tunnel, he comes to a place where obvious slits cover the ground. After a throughout search, Jack finds that, when triggered, blades shoot out of these slits. He finds no good way to disable the trap, so he springs it from a safe distance. The blades slash out, and pound into the empty ground, where they come to a rest.

Continuing on, he comes to a door. Surprisingly, he finds no further traps. Opening it, he finds...

... a room obviously, but sparsly, furnished for a human. A desk full with books and papers, a bed, and a chest are the only visible pieces of furniture. A second door leads further to the northwest. Behind it, Jack finds another chest. He finds no further traps in either room.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads