Sleeping Dragon: A fantasy novel from the author of the ENnie-nominated Game Night

Jonny Nexus

First Post
Hi all,

You may or may not know me as the guy who write the novel Game Night, the tale of six gods playing a roleplaying game with the mortal realm below, really badly, and which was described on RPGNet by Steve D as "The best novel ever written about gaming. One of the funniest novels ever written about anything." Or you might know me as the guy who before that, was the creator of the cult(ish) late-nineties, early-naughties webzine Critical Miss, the magazine for dysfunctional roleplayers. Well I've just launched my latest novel, the Sleeping Dragon, which as with most things I've written is very much influenced by my background as a roleplayer. (I often describe myself as a fantasy author who arrived in fantasy not via Middle-Earth or Hyboria, but via D&D, and often badly played D&D at that).

The Sleeping Dragon is set in what had once been a fantasy world, five hundred years after invention of mass-produced magic. It's still a fantasy world - no electricity here, because magic *is* physics. But it's a world of huge cities and flying cars and mass-media outlets pushing corporate messages. The novel tells the story of five misfits who find themselves tasked with saving the world. In an earlier age, this would have been a job for old-style heroes, but this isn't that sort of world anymore, and old-style heroes are no longer really a thing.

If it sounds at all interesting, I've got some links here. It's 99c/99p on Kindle and $9.99 / £6.99 in paperback (if you're a reviewer, then please drop me a line on jonny@jonnynexus.com and I will post you a review copy). If you like Game Night, or Critical Miss, I'm pretty sure you'll like this.

US: https://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Dragon-Jonny-Nexus-ebook/dp/B07KWFNXVS/

UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sleeping-Dragon-Jonny-Nexus-ebook/dp/B07KWFNXVS/

Finally, to just give you a bit more of a feel, below are four quote images that I've knocked up for advertising purposes, but will hopefully do nicely here to give you a feel of the book.

Twitter-SD-PatriotRPGQuote-676x380.png

Twitter-SD-BlurbQuote-676x380.png

Twitter-SD-ArchetypeQuote-676x380.png

Twitter-SD-NetflixQuote-676x380.png

Remove ads