• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) So I guess WotC thought A5E had some good ideas

Khelben7

Explorer
5e gets a little wobbly on the topic, and pretty much does away with the distinction. It's mentioned in the classes, but there's no meaning to it.
I was in a party and four different spellcasters all cast Fireball... Sloppy imo. I would prefer different spells for different classes. And like they did in 4e - the monsters had individual powers - instead of the repeat button for spells, powers, attacks etc.

Ouronos

Explorer
Greetings...
To be fair, the first time I heard about "realms" for spell casting was via Rolemaster, and I always enjoyed that concept. Enjoyed it enough to try and work home-brewed rules in my other FRPGs to emulate something similar.

It's an aasimar who is also a furry.
Not exactly. An Aasimar who is the descendant of a Guardinal has furry features that are mostly cosmetic. They might have feathers for hair if their ancestor was an Avoral. Claw-tipped fingers and a mane of hair if their ancestor was a Leonal. They might even be mistaken for a Half-Dragon if their ancestor was a Draconal (from PF1). But would they see themselves as Furries like some of us do in RL? Maybe, maybe not. They already have something a Furry can only dream of having. ;)

thuter

Explorer
I mean, if I were to write a new tabletop system, I would absolutely steal all the good stuff from other editions and write new mechanics for the stuff that I didn't like or had good/better ideas about...

Remove ads