So... Traveller... tell me about the cool things you've done with it

Mallus

Legend
We're about to pause our D&D 5e campaign so my friend can run "little black book" Traveller. This is after his 13 year-old son found his stash of, ahem, little black books. I believe he has them all.

Now I haven't played Traveller since high school -- which might just be 30 years ago, give or take. My memories, aside from hexadecimal stats and the chance of death during character generation, are a little fuzzy. Glancing at the books, I'm surprised to see the importance of enormous mortgages --oh yeah, it's kinda a space hexcrawl economic simulator.

Anyway, Traveller... if you're so inclined, tell me of the fun times you had on the Solomani Rim & in the Third Imperium. Help me get in the right frame of mind.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
One of the players in our group became a noble and got a spaceship! So we were really excited that our group would have our own ship from the very beginning. Of course, during character creation that character died.

We never did play Traveller. :(

Psion

Adventurer
I ran and played in lots of fun games.

Saved an Imperial Cousin from the Zhodani on an interdicted world with my Marine Colonel.

Performed black ops in the disputed solamani zone.

Played a scuzzy merchant who bent the rules in The Traveller Adventure

Chased the legends of sky pirates. Misjumped into alien realms. Did political jockeying on alien worlds.

Ran quite a few fun yarns as well. Here's one I wrote up over on rpg.net:
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?432775-Mongoose-Traveller-Mini-AP-for-players-new-to-Traveller

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I loved the Traveller life-path system so much that it inspired my own game! without the death during creation (though you can spend time in prison if you choose criminal careers...)

Mallus

Legend
I loved the Traveller life-path system so much that it inspired my own game! without the death during creation (though you can spend time in prison if you choose criminal careers...)
You can go to jail during chargen?! That's beautiful, man! (and so very Traveller).

Remove ads