So what are you reading this year 2021?

Richards

Legend
I'm moving on to Destroyer #150: The End of the World, written by Warren Murphy, one of the original two authors of the series. It's significantly shorter than most of the books in the series: only 181 pages, and that's with overly-large print. So novella size, really. We'll see how it goes; it apparently involves a dead Mayan god returned to life.

Johnathan

Last edited:

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I don't know what happened, I stopped getting notifications of this thread.
Since I last posted, I believe I have read all of Rebecca Chambers' Wayfarers series.
I started a book called Empire of Silence, and couldn't even finish the first page.

Currently reading Invisible Life of Addie LaRue, and it's costing me sleep...

Ryujin

Legend
Only just settling in to read the last 11 chapters of Matt Vancil's Star Trek parody "The Fatal Frontier." He completed these chapters less than two weeks ago and it should soon be going to press.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Still reading Exploring Eberron by Keith Baker.

Still reading Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson.

Finished reading Unmasked: Inside Antifa's Radical Plan to Destroy Democracy by Andy Ngo.

Still reading Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. by Ron Chernow.

Still reading The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan.

Still reading Night of the Hunter by R. A. Salvatore.

Still reading Bobby Fischer Goes to War: How a Lone American Star Defeated the Soviet Chess Machine by David Edmonds and John Eidinow.

Still reading Turn Coat by Jim Butcher.

Started reading Emma by Jane Austen.

Started reading Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire.

Myth Master

Explorer
Getting the Vlad Taltos novels together to dive into again, a perennial favorite. That will last me a few months before I need to look for anything else. I'll probably dig into the Deryni novels after that, take me through the rest of the year, although I've had my eye on the Thieve's World anthology series.

Richards

Legend
Well, The Destroyer #150: The End of the World was horrifically bad - without a doubt, and with no contenders anywhere near it, it was the absolute worst in the entire series I've ever read. A stupid plot, stupid characters, nonsensical actions; the whole thing was just an embarrassment and a stain upon the series as a whole. I have since moved on to a different entry in the series: Choke Hold, in which the series is now thankfully back on track. Then the only other unread Destroyer book I have on hand is the one I lent to a coworker and have yet to get back, so it's entirely possible I'll have to read something else besides the Destroyer if I finish this book too soon. (Fortunately, I stocked up at the library book sale last week so I'm good to go on that front.)

Johnathan

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Still reading Exploring Eberron by Keith Baker.

Still reading Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson.

Still reading Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. by Ron Chernow.

Still reading The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan.

Still reading Night of the Hunter by R. A. Salvatore.

Still reading Bobby Fischer Goes to War: How a Lone American Star Defeated the Soviet Chess Machine by David Edmonds and John Eidinow.

Still reading Turn Coat by Jim Butcher.

Still reading Emma by Jane Austen.

Still reading Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire.

Started reading The Strange Death of Europe by Douglas Murray.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases