So what are you reading this year 2021?

Richards

Legend
I finished Choke Hold this morning and it was a much better entry in the Destroyer series. Now, having temporarily depleted my readily-available Destroyer books, I'm about to start Life Signs, a Firefly novel by James Lovegrove. This is a story I've been waiting for years to find out about, as it goes into detail about Inara's hinted-at medical issues. It takes place in the time span between the end of the Firefly series and the beginning of the Serenity movie, which is exactly where I like my new Firefly stories to take place, when we still have the full complement of crew. (I'm a bit ticked at the current set-up of the ongoing comic book series, where there's been a time jump and all sorts of unexplained things have taken place that's split the main group into several different factions - that's not at all to my liking.)

Johnathan

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Still reading Exploring Eberron by Keith Baker.

Still reading Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson.

Still reading Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. by Ron Chernow.

Still reading The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan.

Still reading Night of the Hunter by R. A. Salvatore.

Still reading Bobby Fischer Goes to War: How a Lone American Star Defeated the Soviet Chess Machine by David Edmonds and John Eidinow.

Still reading Turn Coat by Jim Butcher.

Still reading Emma by Jane Austen.

Still reading Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire.

Still reading The Strange Death of Europe by Douglas Murray.

Started reading Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire.

I finished Bebergal's Appendix N: The Eldritch Roots of Dungeons and Dragons. Really great collection of Appendix N tales and works that feel like they could have been on the list. Was super-glad to finally read Margaret St. Clair's "The Man Who Sold Rope to the Gnoles."

I then read Seanan McGuire's Beneath the Sugar Sky. Another amazing novella in the Wayward Children series.

Now I'm re-reading L. Sprague De Camp's The Fallible Fiend.

As an aside, I've been doing another library purge and reorganization and this is tough. Some stuff is going to the nearby little library, some to a box in the attic (as much as I love the Malazan Book of the Fallen series, I am not likely to tackle the 11,000+ page series anytime soon). I had gotten into a bad habit of putting books in front of books on my shelves, and stuff was starting to get lost in the shuffle (Like the Fallible Fiend). Stopping doing that is making for some hard and honest decisions about what I want to keep.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Finished reading Exploring Eberron by Keith Baker.

Still reading Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson.

Still reading Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. by Ron Chernow.

Still reading The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan.

Still reading Night of the Hunter by R. A. Salvatore.

Still reading Bobby Fischer Goes to War: How a Lone American Star Defeated the Soviet Chess Machine by David Edmonds and John Eidinow.

Still reading Turn Coat by Jim Butcher.

Still reading Emma by Jane Austen.

Still reading Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire.

Still reading The Strange Death of Europe by Douglas Murray.

Still reading Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire.

Started reading The Battle for Spain by Antony Beevor.

Started reading Tasha's Cauldron of Everything by Wizards of the Coast.

Nellisir

Hero
Finished Shadows of the Self, by...that guy. Mistborn. I didn't realize that it was #2 in a sequal trilogy to the original trilogy, so while it was fairly engaging, there were clearly Important Characters that did nothing, and lots of unanswered questions/backstory. Also, I remember the magic system but not the religion, so I gotta reread Mistborn now. Or soon. When I find it.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Read Secret Life Of Addie LaRue by VE Schwalb. Very highly recommended if you have exactly the same taste in books as I do lol.

Now reading The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson. Not sure how I missed this one; but I believe it was the book he wrote after Snowcrash (unrelated). Stephenson is up and down for me. I really liked Snowcrash, was bored to tears with Cryptonomicon, enjoyed Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O. So far Diamond Age is shaping up to be in the "enjoy" category.

Nellisir

Hero
Read Secret Life Of Addie LaRue by VE Schwalb. Very highly recommended if you have exactly the same taste in books as I do lol.

Now reading The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson. Not sure how I missed this one; but I believe it was the book he wrote after Snowcrash (unrelated). Stephenson is up and down for me. I really liked Snowcrash, was bored to tears with Cryptonomicon, enjoyed Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O. So far Diamond Age is shaping up to be in the "enjoy" category.
Cryptonomicon was a snoozefest. He had a story, he just sorta sauntered it along. Snowcrash & The Diamond Age are my two favorites of his.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases