So what are you reading this year 2021?

Richards

Legend
I finished Firefly: Life Signs and it was the best of the three I've read thus far, but I also discovered two others have been published that got past me somehow - I'll have to keep my eyes out for those. In the meantime, I'm about to start Interworld, a story that crosses multiple different universes. It's a Young Adult novel, which would normally make me a bit leery, but in this case I think I need not worry: it was written by Neil Gaiman and Michael Reeves, two authors whose solo works I've really enjoyed.

Johnathan

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I'm about to start Interworld, a story that crosses multiple different universes. It's a Young Adult novel, which would normally make me a bit leery, but in this case I think I need not worry: it was written by Neil Gaiman and Michael Reeves, two authors whose solo works I've really enjoyed.

Johnathan
I enjoyed the first Interworld.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Finished Shadows of the Self, by...that guy. Mistborn. I didn't realize that it was #2 in a sequal trilogy to the original trilogy, so while it was fairly engaging, there were clearly Important Characters that did nothing, and lots of unanswered questions/backstory. Also, I remember the magic system but not the religion, so I gotta reread Mistborn now. Or soon. When I find it.
Great series!

Alloy of Law is the first in that second series (called Mistborn Era 2 by us fans). Like the first book of the original trilogy, it stands up on its own, while working to allow a series to develop after, so a lot of the new characters are introduced in Alloy of Law. The religion in Era 2 though is wholly new, and you won't find it in Mistborn. Not that I would discourage you from rereading it! It's wonderful, and I need to read it again too.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Still reading Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson.

Still reading Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. by Ron Chernow.

Finished reading The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan.

Still reading Night of the Hunter by R. A. Salvatore.

Still reading Bobby Fischer Goes to War: How a Lone American Star Defeated the Soviet Chess Machine by David Edmonds and John Eidinow.

Still reading Turn Coat by Jim Butcher.

Still reading Emma by Jane Austen.

Still reading Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire.

Still reading The Strange Death of Europe by Douglas Murray.

Still reading Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire.

Still reading The Battle for Spain by Antony Beevor.

Still reading Tasha's Cauldron of Everything by Wizards of the Coast.

Started reading The Burning Bridge by John Flanagan.

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
Great series!

Alloy of Law is the first in that second series (called Mistborn Era 2 by us fans). Like the first book of the original trilogy, it stands up on its own, while working to allow a series to develop after, so a lot of the new characters are introduced in Alloy of Law. The religion in Era 2 though is wholly new, and you won't find it in Mistborn. Not that I would discourage you from rereading it! It's wonderful, and I need to read it again too.
The first one is better value, includes second linked novella as well as other great stuff.

You shouldn't read Secret History until you've finished the first 3 though - spoilers.

There's always another secret...

Arcanum Unbounded: The Cosmere Collection (The Kharkanas Trilogy (3)) eBook: Sanderson, Brandon: Amazon.ca: Kindle Store

Mistborn: Secret History eBook: Sanderson, Brandon: Amazon.ca: Kindle Store

Remove ads