So what are you reading this year 2021?

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Read Dave Grohl's The Storyteller in two nights.......I'd say I liked about 80% of the chapters. You can only read so many paragraphs about smoking and drinking and name dropping. He certainly loves Paul McCartney! Anyway, good, not perfect, book.
I did pretty much the same thing and came to the same conclusion! 😂

Finished Cook's The Black Company. Still holds up, and quite obviously influential. A few of the turns of phrase haven't aged as well, but they are thankfully limited.

Now I'm reading Jonathan French's The True Bastards, the second in the Lot Lands series. At almost 600 pages, it's a bit longer than any book I've read in a while.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Got non-e copies of the last two Nero Wolfe books for Christmas (and the cook book) to finish my collection and finished my reread of the series. I was trying to read them in order, but missed the fact that the books with the collected novellas need to have their parts split up between the surrounding books. Guess I'll have to read them again...

Nellisir

Hero
I have just started Piranesi by Susanna Clarke, author of Jonathan Strange and Mr Norell - which is all it took to convince me I needed to read it. It's a much smaller work, oddly enough about a boy living in a mansion of infinite size.

Johnathan
How are you liking it? I keep forgetting that exists when it comes time to make a book list.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Still reading Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. by Ron Chernow.

Still reading The Battle for Spain by Antony Beevor.

Still reading Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

Still reading An Artificial Night by Seanan McGuire.

Still listening to Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson.

Still reading Critical Role: Tal’dorei Campaign Setting by Matthew Mercer.

Still reading The Wars of the Roses: The Fall of the Plantagenets and the Rise of the Tudors by Dan Jones.

Still reading The Deed of Paksenarrion by Elizabeth Moon.

Still reading Black Widow: Red Vengeance by Margaret Stohl.

Still reading Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb.

Still reading Matchlock and the Embassy: A Thirty Years’ War Story by Zachary Twamley.

Still reading The Black Ice by Michael Connelly.

Still reading Rise of the King by R. A. Salvatore.

Still reading The Sorcerer of the North by John Flanagan.

Still reading Ghost Story by Jim Butcher.

Still reading ReDawn by Brandon Sanderson and Janci Patterson.

Still reading Critical Role: Vox Machina – Kith and Kin by Marieke Nijkamp.

Still reading Half-Off Ragnarok by Seanan McGuire.

Started reading The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan.

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
Maybe 100 pages in Promise of Blood (Powder Mage book 1) by Brian McClellan, great start enjoying it so far. Couldn’t pass up all 3 books kindle version $8.99 .

Remove ads