So, what is your Favorite "Villain" race these days?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Sure, I mean, I'm confident we've all watched Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2
2816cb636d0e91b4dcad19fde87d0137.gif

I have rewritten some races' to have a shared backstory. The innate hatred between elves and orcs is that they were created from humans by the Noble Fey. This is why they can interbreed with humans.

They are both compelled to obey Noble Fey of the appropriate factions. Elves were the pretty servants, orcs the intimidating ones. Innevitably the True Fey who created the one were at odds with those who used the other, and they inherit their creators' rivalries.

Goblinoids are derived from a fey race but from the dregs: outcasts, rebels, runaways, cowards, etc. The True Goblins of the Feywild are vastly different from what lives in the mortal realm. Goblinoids hate everything Fey with a bone deep passion, as it awakens an innate sense of loss. Hence their innate animosity to elves, who retain a bit of Fey, while they can work with Orcs as they no longer have Fey traits.

Some elves know they are really magically altered humans and more than a few become super-racist as a result. Other hold the more common belief that elves are fey who lived in the mortal realm so long they lost most of their magic. (Essentially the goblinoid history) A lot of them assume their instinctive hatred of orcs means that race is corrupt and should be destroyed.

So...villains all around, I guess. The True Fey are the true villains, but rarely seen.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I have plenty of inherently evil species in my homebrew setting.

Still, there are rarely villains of scope or reach to rival anything that Human villains can achieve.

Remove ads