• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, what is your Favorite "Villain" race these days?

Voadam

Legend
When I ran IG, I added in Orc bards with electric amplifier back packs.
In Scrapwall I turned the cleric Nalakai into an Orcish Randy the Macho Man bard radio televangelist who also did the hyped up intros when my monster truck Hellion came out for arena gladiator shows.

So many ways to take an Orcish Thunderdome theme.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Oh! Speaking of particular mindsets from particular games, I'm reminded of a time a few years back when I got my group (not the same group from the 80s) to try Champions for the first time.

Now we did agree on a darker campaign. So when they killed a villain in one of the early sessions I wasn't bothered. But then they looted the guy's apartment. We're not talking super science gadgets and mystic artefacts. Just stuff. Some nice art on the walls. The cutlery. The blu-ray player and the TV. That sort of thing. All wrapped up in the curtains.

Had to have a whole conversation about genre and genre conventions.
Yeap, its cartoonish how some players get about stuff. Like stripping out the copper wire and plumbing from dungeons lol.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Always had a soft spot for Mind Flayers.

I feel they have become a bit too mainstream recently now it seems half the sword coast has a tadpole in their head!

One of the coolest RPG products I've had the honor of working on uses Similar But Legally Distinct Brain Gorgers as the high tier baddies on the material plane (there's a higher tier non-material baddie running the show). Love 'em.

Remove ads