So... when's MC?

Spatula

Explorer
Well, it looks like my horde guild might be breaking up. Which might very well kill all my interest in that server, if not the game...

I'm potentially free every night except Thursdays.

Golradir, regarding MC, loot and how it is distributed is a touchy thing. 40 people go into MC, and there's only 2-3 drops per boss. Each boss encounter takes experienced players working in a coordinated fashion, unlike anything you've ever had to deal with in WoW to this point. Mastering the boss encounters takes a lot of time and lot of wipes and a lot of frustration. A guild starting out in MC will spend several raids not getting any loot at all. Once they get going, they'll be able to down 1 boss per run for a few runs. Then 2 bosses, etc.

So you're talking 40 people, and VERY little loot. When there is loot, there will be 5-10 people who feel they need it. Not everyone is going to be walking away with something - in fact, most people aren't going to get anything other than a repair bill. Furthermore, some item that you really wanted might go to someone who, you feel, didn't deserved it. These sorts of things cause a LOT of problems. Hence, most guilds use some form of DKP. With DKP, everyone is operating in the same fair framework, you know where you stand in relation to everyone else, and when someone gets an item you know why.

If you go into MC with the expectation that you're going to get phat lewt on your first time there, or even every time you're there, you're going to be very disappointed.

MC and the other hardcore raiding instances aren't for everyone.

Cerion / Aenaris

Last edited:

Blynke

First Post
I see. I suppose that would be frustrating. I feel that I'm a bit out of luck is all. I can't be online during the times that the MC raids start, so I miss out there. When/if I finally do find a late-night group that operates on Friday or Saturday nights, I'd be a bit happier with the looting scheme because it would mean that I'd have the opportunity to build those points up.... But no one raids MC at 10pm EST. It takes like six hours or so to do a full run (from what I hear). So it would benefit me to find a group who squabbles over loot and I'd have a chance at something that first time, because I may not run MC again for another month...or two.

But I do understand and can appreciate the DKP system. Were I a regular, as said before, I'd use it too. But for someone who might run MC once per month (and that's REALLY being generous), it isn't worth it.

So I can understand your end of it. Understand mine?

kotik2

First Post
Three MC runs, zero loot, 12G in repair bills...

Sorry to hear your guild on Lothar is imploding. We're having a few more people on line these days, and even increased prescence in the horde guild. Keiro, Eloi and I have taken to levelling there, as Vaslov has mutated into an undead mage named Daetrin.

There is a chat channel hordeside called enchat, in addition to the guild chat. We're not all in one guild over there, so that lets us have our little chatty place.

Vas, don't fortget to /join please?

Spatula

Explorer
kotik2 said:
Sorry to hear your guild on Lothar is imploding.
Hah, me too. :( I think about using the opportunity to go back to Cerion, but then I think of running the high-level raid instances over and over again to get the Wildheart gear, and doing all kinds of work and spending tons of money to get my fire resistance up for MC again, and grinding out faction rep again, and it just makes me want to cry. That, and the prospect of having to wait 45 minutes to get into a BG match...

kotik2

First Post
Well, some of that others need to do as well, so you wouldn't be alone. Ath is only starting the MC stuff, and doesn't have her full devout yet. Building raids would be cake with a priest and a druid to anchor them, especially when we can then bring 1 or 2 mages, sometimes a warrior, and sometimes another druid to the party.

I do see the disgruntledom though. I have it with leveling horde characters from time to time. I do like playing the characters, and the quests being different is nice, but some days I think of the other things I could have done with all the time I've spent playing this game and want to cry.

Then I remember that this game keeps me happy and ready to do the other things that must be done in life and log on...like I'm going to do in just a few minutes :cool:

Kristivas

First Post
Hey, Gol.. let me tell you a little story. (sung to the Beverly Hillbillies tune!)

"Come and listen to a story about a chick named Nak
Her sad freakin' gear was full of broken cracks
Then one day she went down to MC
and got 4 pieces of Giantstalkers heheheheee

Well the next thing ya know
guildies start to scream and cuss
they get all jealous and start to make a fuss
So Nak just smirks and says "Lucky Me!"
cuz she's down in the hole by over 200 DKP!"

LOL! Seriously.....

On the hordeside, in the raids I do anyway, a lot of people already have a good pit of their MC gear. The exception is Warriors (because there's 485738573 of them) and rogues (because there's even more of them). When I went to my first MC raid, I had 0 VP (or DKP). I won a Striker's Mark. It's an Epic bow off Magmadar.

The reason I won it was this: There were 3 hunters there, and 2 of them had WAY better stuff. I was the 3rd, and it's a hunter item, so I got it. Since I had 0 VP, it put me in the negative.

Now, I go to my second run. 3 hunters in the raid. 4.. yes FOUR pieces of my armor drops. The other 2 hunters: way better stuff. What? You think they're gonna shard the hunter armor because I'm in the negative? Nope. I ended up looting 4 pieces of giantstalkers and getting sent even further into the negatives. Eventually, I'll pay off this debt and be able to bid on other stuff I want.

Dunno if it works that way on the alliance side, because there are SO many more people. Probably new people (without MC gear) coming every run.

It will be harder for you, but hang in there.. or just make a hordie (not a warrior or rogue) :p

edited: Keiro's Grandma rule

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads