Level Up (A5E) So where do ya'll plan to start with LU?

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
vintage countdown GIF by Archives of Ontario | Archives publiques de l'Ontario

Couple days to go! I'm planning to read Memories of Holdenshire first and wade in from there!

RPGMajor

Explorer
So, got several O5e campaigns going right now, and don't want to convert mid stream (or mic 0fe and A5e classes even if they are technically compatible), though I do plan to use the new monsters, journey rules, etc. right away.

Beyond that, the next time I start a campaign will offer to do O5e or LU with encouragement to try LU, and am also going to be working on finishing up my Homebrew setting specifically for use with LU (including new heritages and cultures and a list of what O5e archetypes I am allowing) to eventually run either a homebrew campaign or modified version of War for the Burning Sky.

Melestrua

Villager
I'm planning on going through the DMG-equivalent for useful rules and techniques and really excited about the MM-equivalent for all the extra detail like typical groups, local habitat signs.
My players are all "meh" about the thought of extra options - they feel they already have plenty with the standard rules though I may skim through and see if there's anything that looks interesting/useful.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
I'm honestly not sure. I was thinking that I might start by skimming through the magic items and hit the adventures guide but I might skim classes &archetypes then go through memories before going deeper into things.

Zeta Marishi

Villager
Crack open the adventurer's guide and read that. Cause I'll need it for my campaign I'll be running soon with it. Then probably read the monsters and get a good feeling for them. Gonna definitely be having lots of conversations with people about it, that's for sure.

cole1312

Villager
I've got a list of plans for stuff I want to DM using A5E:

1) A two-player game adapted from the old fantasy comic Adventurers to test the system and play with my friends

2) Odyssey of the Dragonlords, a very good third party adventure that I think will pair excellently with A5E

3) Gears of Revolution when it comes out for A5E (I got it as an add-on as well)

4) A mega-adventure adapting both storm king's thunder and tyranny of dragons into one single plotline, since both kinda suck on their own but pair really well together.

lichmaster

Adventurer
I've got a list of plans for stuff I want to DM using A5E:

1) A two-player game adapted from the old fantasy comic Adventurers to test the system and play with my friends

2) Odyssey of the Dragonlords, a very good third party adventure that I think will pair excellently with A5E

3) Gears of Revolution when it comes out for A5E (I got it as an add-on as well)

4) A mega-adventure adapting both storm king's thunder and tyranny of dragons into one single plotline, since both kinda suck on their own but pair really well together.
2 and 3 are also in my plans, as well as Crown of the Oathbreaker (which isn't ready yet), Brancalonia, and maybe restart War of the Burning Sky.

As for a5e books, my plan is to read them all religiously in order (phb, dmg and mm)

Argyle King

Legend
It'll likely be a while before I get a chance to play it.

My current face-to-face group seems to be developing a somewhat negative opinion of 5E overall.

By the time we come back around to 5E in a year+, maybe?

Until then, I might try a game online just to get a feel for the changes.

ART!

Legend
I think I'll be thoroughly digging into the class reworkings first, probably starting with Ranger and Fighter. The exploration/travel stuff will be next.

It will be interesting to see how much I can get our current DM to adopt.

I've been toying with new campaign ideas for a year or so, and if I had to guess right now I'd say I will use LU in something that smooshes together Mythic Odysseys of Theros, Glen Cooke's The Black Company, and some significant Feywild and Shadowfell elements.

Steampunkette

Shaper of Worlds
Supporter
Directly to Journey.

Then Renown and Strongholds.

Then Character Generation.

Then back to work on SotSA and Blood of Ages.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Like some have said, I will be running the monsters and journey rules in any game that I run. Beyond that, I'll have to see. I will do my best to introduce Supply first. Then I will see what of my players are starting to get interested, then maybe get one of them to play a LU character, and get the others to be jealous!

Dungeon Delver's Guide

An Advertisement

Advertisement4