Level Up (A5E) So where do ya'll plan to start with LU?

cole1312

Explorer
I've got a list of plans for stuff I want to DM using A5E:

1) A two-player game adapted from the old fantasy comic Adventurers to test the system and play with my friends

2) Odyssey of the Dragonlords, a very good third party adventure that I think will pair excellently with A5E

3) Gears of Revolution when it comes out for A5E (I got it as an add-on as well)

4) A mega-adventure adapting both storm king's thunder and tyranny of dragons into one single plotline, since both kinda suck on their own but pair really well together.

I've got a list of plans for stuff I want to DM using A5E:

1) A two-player game adapted from the old fantasy comic Adventurers to test the system and play with my friends

2) Odyssey of the Dragonlords, a very good third party adventure that I think will pair excellently with A5E

3) Gears of Revolution when it comes out for A5E (I got it as an add-on as well)

4) A mega-adventure adapting both storm king's thunder and tyranny of dragons into one single plotline, since both kinda suck on their own but pair really well together.
2 and 3 are also in my plans, as well as Crown of the Oathbreaker (which isn't ready yet), Brancalonia, and maybe restart War of the Burning Sky.

As for a5e books, my plan is to read them all religiously in order (phb, dmg and mm)

Argyle King

Legend
It'll likely be a while before I get a chance to play it.

My current face-to-face group seems to be developing a somewhat negative opinion of 5E overall.

By the time we come back around to 5E in a year+, maybe?

Until then, I might try a game online just to get a feel for the changes.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I think I'll be thoroughly digging into the class reworkings first, probably starting with Ranger and Fighter. The exploration/travel stuff will be next.

It will be interesting to see how much I can get our current DM to adopt.

I've been toying with new campaign ideas for a year or so, and if I had to guess right now I'd say I will use LU in something that smooshes together Mythic Odysseys of Theros, Glen Cooke's The Black Company, and some significant Feywild and Shadowfell elements.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Directly to Journey.

Then Renown and Strongholds.

Then Character Generation.

Then back to work on SotSA and Blood of Ages.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Like some have said, I will be running the monsters and journey rules in any game that I run. Beyond that, I'll have to see. I will do my best to introduce Supply first. Then I will see what of my players are starting to get interested, then maybe get one of them to play a LU character, and get the others to be jealous!

Remove ads