Level Up (A5E) So where do ya'll plan to start with LU?

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
I think those two are considered WotC product identity. Though it would be cool if some future supplement included some avatars of the dragon gods. And with essence and gem dragons in there, we could potentially get four, rather than just two!

Animus

Explorer
Straight to the Combat Maneuvers section so I can prep an Iron Heroes-inspired Sword & Sorcery campaign. Then the monster book, because A5E monsters will largely be better than O5E from what I've seen.

Saplatt

Explorer
My players are currently all Level 5 in an ongoing campaign and most of them are getting the Adventurer's book. I'll need to review the spells and feats to decide if there are any I need to ban when they next level up. One or two of them may also decide to multi-class into an LU option, but I'll probably wait until we get to that bridge.

dave2008

Legend
I think those two are considered WotC product identity. Though it would be cool if some future supplement included some avatars of the dragon gods. And with essence and gem dragons in there, we could potentially get four, rather than just two!
as @Mike Myler noted, Tiamat and Bahamut are not WotC IP necessarily, just the particular D&D incarnation of them most likely is.

Though, to be honest, I completely forgot about that when I was posting my original comment!

I'm mid-campaign so I'll first be looking through AG and TT for what will effectively be additional rules & mechanics to add into it fairly seamlessly; then looking at the monsters for substitution where they're more interesting, and the signs & behaviours stuff for random encounters. If a PC dies I'll probably let them take a look at the new classes and subclasses, given the stated ability to play A5E PCs right alongside O5E, and even mash the classes and subclasses together.

Arilyn

Hero
vintage countdown GIF by Archives of Ontario | Archives publiques de l'Ontario'Ontario

Couple days to go! I'm planning to read Memories of Holdenshire first and wade in from there!
Yep, this is my plan too!

Remove ads