• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Solar Eclipse. How did you watch?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I was washing pets- puppy's 2nd bath!- at the time it might have been visible in my area...but I have looked at kewl pix online!

Fast Learner

First Post
In the comfort of a lovely restaurant, looking outside at a bunch of people with pinhole viewers and cameras and pieces of paper and such. Didn't really see it, but enjoyed watching other people see it. :)

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
Drove a bit to get to the sunset line, and watched it from the roadside.
Here are a couple pics I took with my cheesy old digital cam.

[sblock]
ec20may2012-02.JPG

[/sblock]

[sblock]And one with barbed wire, for extra awesomesauce:
ec20may2012-03.JPG

[/sblock]

I live in Riverside, CA (or thereabouts). A friend and I walked up one of the hills down the street from the house to watch it start (He just wanted to climb the hill more than seeking a viewing spot). Interesting phenomenon as it seemed like every few minutes God simply turned the dimmer on the sun down a barely perceptible notch and the air would get a degree cooler (which was welcome in the 90 degree breeze).

I had a dinky pair of binocs which I used in reverse to focus the image on my knee and monitor the progress. About 1/4 into it we walked back down and with 4 pairs of stacked up sunglasses achieved the ability to actually look directly at it as it reached peak occlusion (about 80% or so here). Chatted with some neighbors briefly. Recollected past eclipses we'd experienced. And that was about it.

Janx

Hero
With my third eye, but now it's blind.

Aeons ago, one could tape 4-5 3.5" floppy disks together and open the shutter door and look at an eclipse through the magnetic material as a filter.

Marclee

First Post
Solar Eclipse. How did I miss?

Was sleeping. Wasn't even aware of it until I heard how cool it was.
Here in RPG-desert, Philippines.

Remove ads