Somewhat amusing proposal story

Daniel Knight

First Post
So here I am typing out my proposal, condensing all the best bits I can think of from my world I’ve worked so hard on, when I get an idea for another world. Now, at first, this isn’t a problem. I’ll just whack down my new idea and send in that as well. But what’s happened now, is that I actually prefer this new world over my old one. I’ve put so much work into it since the release of 3ed and now I just feel like throwing it all in and running this new one for my players. This happened to anyone else yet?

Frosty

First Post
Ugh. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes right now. I can only hope your new world fits in the old one somehow. New continent, plane or some such. Good luck!

I'd like to add that if I had the motivation to build a single world I'd be more than happy. I get a new idea every day so there is no way any of those will develop into an actual world.
A few years ago I started to collect all those random ideas on my harddrive and hopefully some day a world might have created itself! :)

Last edited:

alsih2o

First Post
this is a situation common to all of the arts- the artist becomes more enamored of the process than the product.

congratulations for reaching that stage!

getting past it is difficult, and i wouldn't hurry it

i think it means you have just tackled and exercise and it has changed you. instead of worrying about the proposal(do send one in!) think about how having an exercise affected your writing.

there are lots of other exercises for writers out there that may give you the same creative gumpshin....heck, garrison keillor does a writers almanac every day on n.p.r. if you need a midday brain boost

good luck!

jollyninja

First Post
half way through writing up my world i gave it a new wrinkle, the new wrinkle i gave it basically created the next campaign i will run in the world. perhaps every campaign that i ever run on the world. i can't wait to nail players with this one. woo hoo.

Last edited:

Zerovoid

First Post
Tsunami said:
Reminds me of how, when I was young, building the Lego robots and cars and castles was more fun than the finished product...

No way, thats when the battles begin. That's where the real fun is, unless you're playing with some whiners who won't let you put appropriate battle damage on their ships when you shoot them.

Remove ads