• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Songs of Sorcery

The notion of music possessing magical power is not a new one -- Orpheus charmed his way out of the Underworld of Hades through the power of song. In D&D, integrating magical music into the game is usually the bardâ??s job. Though with the alternative rewards presented here, any player who wants to adopt these expressions of magic through music can do so and bring a little melodic flavor to the table.

Read Songs of Sorcery on D&D Insider here!

GreyICE

Banned
Banned
God the songs are so cheesy.

The idea is pretty solid though. Second Wind as a free action for an ally is potentially VERY good if you have a Warden in the party, but overall that probably isn't broken.

Sooth the Savage Beast is potentially VERY good.

D'karr

Adventurer
The idea is very cool. It's a shame that most of the powers/items are so high level. I'd like to see many more of these at paragon and heroic tier.

Our warlord players is very good at coming up with "quotable quotes" for the uses of his inspiring word. These kind of things make the game way more fun.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
From the title of the article, I was half-expecting an article with some bard powers or feats in it. I love me some alternative rewards, but it was a little disappointing, and the flavour of the article with the cheesy songs was awful.

I miss the good old days of Insider. How about some Winning Races, Class Acts, or other articles filled with actual CONTENT, since that's part of what I'm paying for. We still have not recieved the hinted-at other two Sentinel Druid seasons, for example. There is so much more potential left in 4e, it's quite sad to see it withering on the vine like this.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I really liked this article...while silly, I though the songs were fun (and not only because she used "On Wisconsin" as the basis for one of them), the advice was solid, and the alternate rewards were pretty interesting (to bring this back to D&D Next, I hope alternate rewards make it into the game; I like them so much more than magic items).

However, I do agree that the news bot should put this in the 4e forum, not the D&D Next one.

Remove ads