• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sorcerer + Druid = Witch?

TheAuldGrump

First Post
You may also want to take a look at Mongoose Publishing's Power Class: Hedge Wizard. Very close to the traditional witch, right down to a spell called 'Milch Curse', which, well, curdles milk. They are master of cantrips, doing a whole lot with low level spells, and not so hot with high level ones.

The Auld Grump, who has used that class a whole lot...

StalkingBlue

First Post
Vindicator said:
I'm seeing her as the stereotypical slightly-overweight white woman with flowers in her hair who runs naked through the forest at night chanting prayers to goddess Gaia and smearing red paint on her breasts.

Or maybe like the babe on the cover of GURPS Wizards... :]

www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/wizards

Cleric. Of a weird nature deity, perhaps. Definitely cleric. :]

Vindicator said:
S'mon has some great ideas up there...man, I wish I had come to enworld sooner!

Heh. It's not too late ... ;)

What's your reason to want to multiclass your PC - merely flavour? In that case I'd suggest that you forget about it and check out some of the suggested alternative classes instead, whether the Nature Witch class S'mon and I created together (posted above) or a class from one of the supplements others have been mentioning: that will allow you to stay single-class, otherwise you'll really hurt your character build in the long run.

Reason: DnD doesn't support multiclassed spellcasters too well because power increases geometrically with access to higher-level spells. A Druid10/Sorcerer10, say, is going to be _much_ weaker than either a Druid20 or a Sorcerer20 because of a lack of access to higher spell levels.

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
StalkingBlue said:
Reason: DnD doesn't support multiclassed spellcasters too well because power increases geometrically with access to higher-level spells. A Druid10/Sorcerer10, say, is going to be _much_ weaker than either a Druid20 or a Sorcerer20 because of a lack of access to higher spell levels.

It works much better with AU multiclassing rules, though still not good. And either a Sor3/Drd7/Mystic Theurge 10 or a Drd3/Sor7/Mystic Theurge 10 would work fairly well. There's a player in an IK campaign I'm running that is tentatively thinking of doing this.

Peskara

Explorer
I think the druid is actually the witchiest PHB class (especially the way you describe what yoou're looking for) if you don't want to bother with 3rd party supplements. Augmented with a few levels of sorcerer focusing on enchantment spells would work nicely I think, as long as you don't invest too many levels in sorcerer and dilute your spellcasting power too much. I wouldn't bother with the mystic theurge because what I'd really want from the druid class is the shapeshifting powers, which are very witchy, and levels of MT don't give you access to those. Brew potion would be a good feat for the character as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads