Sorcerer/Waizard and Cleric spells

iamtheend

First Post
There a site that has every published spell? I am getting annoyed looking through Complete Arcane, Complete Champion, Book of Exalted Deeds etc.

Persiflage

First Post
You'd be hard-pressed to find a site that has published the complete text of every spell, as such copyright violations tend to get stamped on hard. There are... "resources" available that do contain most of the sourcebooks, or so I understand, and they're mostly based on Andargor's SRD database toolset (although I must stress that Andargor himself in no way encourages - or bears any responsibility for - any copyright abuses perpetrated by people using his database format).

Doubtless there are illegal pdf's distributed in OCR format through download sites, but even if I knew where to find them it would be thoroughly inappropriate to post links.

Your best bet for a searchable resource is IMarvinTPA's Dungeons and Dragons Database - it's a fantastic tool, but only gives the long text of SRD spells (or used to, anyway; there may be more these days). It's incredibly useful for giving you the "headline" of the spells and telling you where they come from, and because you can search on criteria like "All arcane Conjuration spells between levels 2 and 4" (for example) it can save you a great deal of random page-turning.

Hope that helps!

Khazan

First Post
Doubtless there are illegal pdf's distributed in OCR format through download sites, but even if I knew where to find them it would be thoroughly inappropriate to post links.

Quite true...and even with those illegal PDFs, they are just copies of the source books that someone has scanned and converted to PDF format. As such, you can't even use the Search feature of Acrobat Reader to find a certain spell, since the whole document is just one big image.

Also, the illegal part, yes. :confused:

Persiflage

First Post
Actually, a lot of the PDF's that are floating around are actual OCR'd versions so you can search through them. And, for the record, I've paid for every single sourcebook I have. :p

Remove ads