Sources of Bonuses to Caster Level

strongbow

First Post
I would like to compile a thread of sources that can boost your caster level, for both Arcane and Divine Casters. This thread is for posting sources, not for discussion about them. I'll edit this post to update as new sources appear. After seeing the party wizard with +29 to caster level checks at 19 level, I got interested in stacking it up for my cleric. I'm interested in bonuses for caster level, and dispel checks primarily

Also, be sure to qualify and type bonuses if you can. Thanks.

For Both:
Orange Ioun Stone +1 Caster Level
Spell Girding Feat (Magic of Faerun) Any dispel checks against your spells are made with a -2 penalty. I know it is not technically a bonus, but it amounts to the same thing.

For Arcane:
Incantrix PrC +2 dispel checks & Caster Level checks to harm,
banish, or overcome the SR of outsiders
Archmage +1 Caster Level (Spell Power)

For Divine:
Bead of Karma +4 Caster Level
Death Knell +1 Caster Level
Hierophant +1 Caster Level (Spell Power)
Inquisition Domain +4 on dispel checks

This will get us started, for an off the top of my head list.

James McMurray

First Post
Archmage can get up to +6 from spell power.

Red Wizard gets +5 spell power at tenth level.

Shadow Adept gets Spell power as well (not sure how much though).

Hierophant can gain up to +5 spell power. Note that this stacks with the +5 you'd get for having 5 levels of Heirophant.

True Necromancer allows all spellcaster levels to stack when using Necromancy or Death domain spells.

Xarls Taunzund

First Post
Don't forget Spell Penetration and Greater Spell Penetration, even if they only effect CL checks to overcome SR. And the pale green Ioun stone add a +1 compentence bonus to anything you roll a d20 for (except damage), including CL checks to overcome SR and for dispelling.

DarkJester

First Post
Create magic tattoo can give up to +3 caster level with 3 of them .

Anhk of Ascension(?) from Races of Faerun gives +4 divine.

Necklace of Prayer Beads Karma: +4 Divine

25th Level Cleric (20 Cl 5 Hierophant)
+10 (5 Hierophant Levels)
+4 Anhk
+4 Prayer Bead KArma
+1 Orange Ioun Stone

Thats nasty.

Pax

Banned
Banned
James McMurray said:
Archmage can get up to +6 from spell power.

Not any more. +1, and that's basically it, in 3.5 ... also note, Archmage spell power works only for ARCANE spells.

Shadow Adept gets Spell power as well (not sure how much though).

+3, and it only benefits Illusion, Necromancy, and Enchantment spells; it's actually "Shadow Power", not Spell Power.

Hierophant can gain up to +5 spell power. Note that this stacks with the +5 you'd get for having 5 levels of Heirophant.

Flipside: it only works with Divine spells.

James McMurray

First Post
Pax said:

Not any more. +1, and that's basically it, in 3.5 ... also note, Archmage spell power works only for ARCANE spells.

Ouch! That certainly changes things for my next Exodus character. Now I have to decide what to trade those 2 levels of Archmage for. Any suggestions? I'd prefer it be something that adds to SR checks, since that's what I was getting the Spell Power for. Don't want Red Wizard though, as the loss of two more schools truly sucks, and the class doesn't fit the persona of the character.

Remove ads