D&D 5E Spell Cards for D&D 5E using Magic Set Editor (MSE)

pdzoch

Explorer
If that is a limitation of MSE, that's fine. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't an issue why my file/install. I'm going to guess that this is the same on all styles?

Edit: so I just went back and it looks fine now. I could have been an issue as I'm a VM.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

No worries. But I will look into a higher DPI if possible for a style upgrade.

Emmeraldas

Explorer
I am always late to the starting gate. I just fell across this thread. After some hit and miss (intuitive directions are not my forte) I managed to get this program running and the set installed. Thank you! The investment of time will be repaid by NOT hand copying spell cards.They look gorgeous! Infinately better than my abysmal hand writing. I can't thank you enough.

pdzoch

Explorer
I am always late to the starting gate. I just fell across this thread. After some hit and miss (intuitive directions are not my forte) I managed to get this program running and the set installed. Thank you! The investment of time will be repaid by NOT hand copying spell cards.They look gorgeous! Infinately better than my abysmal hand writing. I can't thank you enough.

You are welcomed.

Marco Donghi

First Post
Card back

Hello pdzoch, very very nice work! Thank you!
I have a feature request for you, I hope you don't mind, even though I have already printed my cards.
It would be nice to have a 'utility style' that lets you print card backs, working like the spell slot style. Once you have printed all spell cards, you could switch them all to card back style and print again.
I have done this manually by using the normal spell cards, just leaving all fields empty except for the spell name, where I write the spell level (makes it easier to sort the cards by level without having to read each one). The only problem is that the spell name field is a little small, and also I had to check for quantities by class on my own since all the 'spells' are called "1st level" and so on; so a dedicated card back style would be nice and, I hope, simple to code.

pdzoch

Explorer
Marco -- I can definitely add an option for the card backs, though any black image template in MSE2 will allow you to make your own of any image you want.

Currently, I'm updating the set to reflect the additions from Xanathar so these file remain up to date. I hope to have the updates completed soon.

Parduz

Explorer
Stumbled on these card from the Paul Weber FB group.....
these are gorgeous!

Since i have to use them with kids, i managed to trasnform an italian spell list to a set for your game and it worked.
I had to copy your card style for the italian classes and other word-lists, and managed to have an automatic background (so i pick the class just once) as well as the spell-school icon.
If you want, i can send you the resulting style/scripts so you can look if there's anything useful for you.

pdzoch

Explorer
Stumbled on these card from the Paul Weber FB group.....
these are gorgeous!

Since i have to use them with kids, i managed to trasnform an italian spell list to a set for your game and it worked.
I had to copy your card style for the italian classes and other word-lists, and managed to have an automatic background (so i pick the class just once) as well as the spell-school icon.
If you want, i can send you the resulting style/scripts so you can look if there's anything useful for you.

Yes, please share. That would be great.

I am planning another script update to keep the templates current, so your timing is good.

Parduz

Explorer
Yes, please share. That would be great.

I am planning another script update to keep the templates current, so your timing is good.

Here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zm46l0izel5r1ae/Spellbook_Italian_MSE_files.zip?dl=0
It contains just the MSE files. Look for comment like this: #-#-# where i explain what i've done.
I would like so much to find a way to manage translations without making a whole new style/game.... but MSE is making me crazy from looooong time :D

Anyway, if you want a bit of help, i'm a programmer so just ask and i'll see what i can do :)

Zalirae

First Post
Spell Slot Card Template

Not sure if I am doing something wrong here but I can change or see any of the class images for the Spell Slot cards.

I was planning on leaving the text blank and just putting the class image so I could use them as card backs but yeah I can see to get it to work, as far as I can tell no errors show up in the console either.

Li Shenron

Legend
[MENTION=80982]pdzoch[/MENTION] how have you been printing your cards?

I am currently prototyping some printouts, and I have been wondering how to achieve a good rigidity/weight/thickness.

I do not have the option to print on cardboard. I tried to just print it on regular paper and then put some self-adhesive transparent sticker paper on both sides of the card. It's still a bit too thin, so next I will try to print a front-and-back version of the cards, and fold the back behind the front to double the thickness of the paper itself, then again cover with sticker paper on both sides (folded from the other edge so that it doesn't open up). I wonder if I should try to slide a piece of thin cardboard (e.g. milk carton) in-between, but I am worried that it might slip out eventually.

I also found a pouch laminator on sale for ~20$, but that might be an overkill.

Remove ads