Spelljacks

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
steamjacks are made by privateer press in the Iron Kingdoms setting. TAke a look at their website and you wilil see the steamjacks.

They cover all the aspects of creating such a device on thier site such as the feats, skills and material needed. I like the idea of the steamjack as they are very very powerful and very helpful and the rules they have are OGC i believe or OGL i am not sure. Either way they cover the same ground we are trying to cover so if we could just 'borrow' theirs we would have that area all set.

LRonKnieval

First Post
We should find out about their availablity, but does it border too closely on machinery/creatures of lord blade. If so it might be superflous to add as a feature of spelljackers. It may have just been put there by riot gear becuase he liked the concept of steamjacks and thought he could tie them in. They might better serve the setting as a seperate entity rather than being tied to the spelljacker.

Lichtenhart, you're right again...Here's the missing section
Game Rule Information:
Spelljackers have the following statistics.
Abilities: Intelligence is the most important ability to a spelljacker because it determines his ability to modify his spelljacks, both by giving him additional skill points and by allowing him to figure out how to create spells. To modify a spelljack to cast a spell, the spelljacker must have an intelligence of 10 + the spell’s level. The DC to resist a spelljackers spell is equal to 1o+ the spell level + his Intelligence bonus. Constitution is also important because it helps with the spelljackers low hit points and Strength is important to lift a spelljack as they get heavier with more modifications.
Alignment: Any
Hit Die: d4

Leopold, I've made all the corrections to the master doc and if you think the material is ready, I'll send it to you.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
i believe that the material looks solid. Send it to me and i will post it for review. I want to have RangerWickett look it over as he was arbitrarily against. Furthermore, I am going to post it in the D&D rules section and have the rule lawyers tear it apart up and down by posting "Is this PC Class balanced?" and post the info. If they say yes then it goes into the classes section page, if not we look over what they say and debug from there.

Steamjack preview can be seen here:
http://ironkingdoms.com/jacks.shtml

I think lichtenhart's idea is more of a magic realm than a mechanica realm. I would think that with the description he has built it was mostly founded on magic (magi as the main patronish fellow) has magic for the defense (surrounded in illusion) and has magic be a part of the society (read live 70ft from a cliff with water everywhere, levitate and feather fall are your friend!). I would presume that this society would have more of a land for magic folk than for anything else IMHO.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Leopold said:
I think lichtenhart's idea is more of a magic realm than a mechanica realm. I would think that with the description he has built it was mostly founded on magic (magi as the main patronish fellow) has magic for the defense (surrounded in illusion) and has magic be a part of the society (read live 70ft from a cliff with water everywhere, levitate and feather fall are your friend!). I would presume that this society would have more of a land for magic folk than for anything else IMHO.

Wasn't this supposed to go in the other thread?:confused:
Anyway, yes, mages in my city are more likely spellchanters than spelljackers, but I like them (the spelljackers) a lot.

(I have an exam on friday :eek: If all goes well, I'll post the whole work in the week-end, and maybe a prestige class! Stay tuned ;) )

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Lichtenhart said:

Wasn't this supposed to go in the other thread?:confused:
Anyway, yes, mages in my city are more likely spellchanters than spelljackers, but I like them (the spelljackers) a lot.

(I have an exam on friday :eek: If all goes well, I'll post the whole work in the week-end, and maybe a prestige class! Stay tuned ;) )

noted and moved...the post had merits in both areas.

Remove ads