D&D 5E Spelljammer 5E Poll

Did you buy and do you like what is being done with the 5E Spelljammer set?

• Yes, Bought. Yes, I liked.

Votes: 56 46.3%
  • Yes, Bought. No, I did not like.

Votes: 20 16.5%
  • No, bought. Yes, I liked.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • No, bought. No, I did not like.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other...

Votes: 10 8.3%

Weiley31

Legend
I got it. LOVED the Alt cover set so much and their covers are probably my third fave of the alt covers done by Hydro 47(right after Tyranny of Dragons 2019 and Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden). I can agree with people that it sucks that the ship combat rules are a bit too lite but with options like Iron Kingdoms Requiem 5E: The Nightmare Empire+Ghosts of Saltmarsh+Seas of Vodari, I've got options for ship combat/stuff when needed. (And then I can resort to the 2E books for lore/lists/stuff and what not).

I do wish the Swan ship and the Dwarven Citadel spelljammers made it into the lists of Spelljammers. (But I know there's a 3pp thing on DMguilds/Drivethrurpg that covers the other spelljammers that didnt' make it in).

Also: I kinda like the dark ending to the Light of Xaryxis adventure.

Last edited:

I thought you were screwing with me, but nope and I'm quite astonished that these are actually real. I wouldn't imagine that stuff like this would actually supersede the profit from actual game products, but you may be right. Never thought I'd live to see the day when a D&D anything, let alone a waffle iron is available at Home Depot. What will they think of next a D&D d12 shaped Mordenkainens Chainsaw? I can see it now come this Halloween there's going to be duels all over the world when 2 or 3 people all show up to the same party dressed in the same Owlbear costume.

D&D Waffle Iron

D&D Toaster
A single-purpose waffle iron without a licensed design is about $20. $40 would be for a nice one with removable plates and good wiring.

So this could be a $25 markup - which doesn't all go to Hasbro, but Hasbro spent 15 minutes of lawyer time making this deal. The might need to sell as few as 10 to hit positive ROI.

R_J_K75

Legend
A single-purpose waffle iron without a licensed design is about $20. $40 would be for a nice one with removable plates and good wiring.

So this could be a $25 markup - which doesn't all go to Hasbro, but Hasbro spent 15 minutes of lawyer time making this deal. The might need to sell as few as 10 to hit positive ROI.
Whatever makes them money I guess. Something tells me that if my friends walked in my house and seen a d20 toaster I'd get my ass kicked, no save allowed

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I thought you were screwing with me, but nope and I'm quite astonished that these are actually real. I wouldn't imagine that stuff like this would actually supersede the profit from actual game products, but you may be right.
"We could hire a bunch of people and spend months on a big adventure set in Neverwinter, featuring characters from DADHAT, and release it in time for the movie (and swap out the art and character names if everyone hates the movie) ... or we could just license our logo to a waffle maker."

"Go with the second one."

R_J_K75

Legend
"We could hire a bunch of people and spend months on a big adventure set in Neverwinter, featuring characters from DADHAT, and release it in time for the movie (and swap out the art and character names if everyone hates the movie) ... or we could just license our logo to a waffle maker."

"Go with the second one."
Fast forward to 2031...D&D Waffle Maker coming to a Salvation Army near you

Remove ads