Spelljammer Spelljammer and the Mirror Planes Question

Okay so the Material Plane is filled with Crystal Spheres which are filled with Planets and Moons and Sun's, etc... , but if the Feywild and Shadowfell are mirrors of the Material Plane (and to a lesser extent the Border Elemental Mirrors the Material Plane as well), does that mean the Feywild and Shadowfell also have Crystal Spheres, Planets, Suns, Astriods, ect...?

Could you Spelljammer between Feywild and Shadowfell Crystal Spheres? What fills the space between Feywild and Shadowfell Crystal Spheres? What about the Border Elemental Planes, do they have Crystal Spheres and Planets?

What is the name of the Planets that act as Toril's Shadowfell and Feywild mirrors?

Hatmatter

Laws of Mordenkainen, Elminster, & Fistandantilus
There would be Feywuld and Shadowfell equivalents of Crystal Spheres, their celestial bodies, and the phlogiston between them (how they would differ would be up to you)...but everything else you asked has not been identified in print and, personally, a Shadowfell or Feywild Spelljammer campaign sounds totally awesome to me!!! 👍

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Okay so the Material Plane is filled with Crystal Spheres which are filled with Planets and Moons and Sun's, etc... , but if the Feywild and Shadowfell are mirrors of the Material Plane (and to a lesser extent the Border Elemental Mirrors the Material Plane as well), does that mean the Feywild and Shadowfell also have Crystal Spheres, Planets, Suns, Astriods, ect...?

Could you Spelljammer between Feywild and Shadowfell Crystal Spheres? What fills the space between Feywild and Shadowfell Crystal Spheres? What about the Border Elemental Planes, do they have Crystal Spheres and Planets?

What is the name of the Planets that act as Toril's Shadowfell and Feywild mirrors?

There would be Feywuld and Shadowfell equivalents of Crystal Spheres, their celestial bodies, and the phlogiston between them (how they would differ would be up to you)...but everything else you asked has not been identified in print and, personally, a Shadowfell or Feywild Spelljammer campaign sounds totally awesome to me!!! 👍

I've loved Spelljammer for almost 30 years, and until I saw this thread I'd have claimed nothing could make me love it more.

Congratulations, folks. I love Spelljammer even more now thanks to you two.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Interesting idea, and you are correct that I see no reason why this wouldn't exist. It should, if all the rules are consistent.

No idea how someone should implement this, but I pulled some ideas from Starfinder and Destiny for the "ShadowJammer";

1622857640192.png

1622857655703.png

jgsugden

Legend
It makes perfect sense in the official core lore. It might also be that the Feywild and Shadowfell do not mirror the entire PMP, but merely one Crystal Sphere.... Up to the DM.

Here is what I'm picturing, instead of the Shadowfell version of Realmspaces Crystal Sphere being made out Crystal it's made out of Bone, carved from some slain Far Realms cosmic horror, and instead of portals to the Positive Energy Plane, it's peppered with portals to the Negative Energy Plane.

Maybe the Feywild version is a Sphere of pure magic, peppered with portals to the Outer Planes.

Iry

Hero
"Where we're going, we don't need eyes."

Then the captain throws a lever, the entire jammer lurches as it begins to fall. The philogiston starts to darken as you approach the Shadowfell.

Remove ads