Spelljammer Spelljammer in 5e

Have you run Spelljammer in 5e?

jgsugden

Legend
... How are Scro and Neogi factored into this?
I just have orcs, no scro - and the orc Spelljammers are rare. I think I had a pirate captain named Scro once upon a time, but I don't think anyone met him. Just unused background material.

Neogi are one of many Far Realms infested races. In my setting, they come from a small world in the PMP that is a nightmare landscape. They are rare, but use the Astral Sea to collect slaves. Outside of a few very rare one shot appearances, I have not used them much. Illithid fill most of their original role in my setting.
Also very creative and cool. Do the Outlands exist?
Not really. As my Heavens are not really all "good", there is a lot of room for those realms to fill a lot of roles. The Outlands don't serve a purpose I need.
Do Githyanki interact with Sigil in a hostile, neutral, or friendly manner?
There is no single answer. They've preyed on those in Sigil, they've used it for travel, and they've had their share of troubles with my Lady of Pain. They're not a major factor there.
... I've run DotMM, and have brainstormed different ways to use it in other worlds. This one is certainly unique.
It isn't actually DotMM - it is just a megadungeon of similar size. Many parties over the decades have gone into it in search of something lost into it. There is a cabal of powerful forces that hide their treasures there.

Nilbog

Snotling Herder
Do you have any of your ship designs online anywhere?

Sadly not, they were all paper and pencil drawings from around 20 odd years ago and sadly haven't survived university and several house moves :(

I keep meaning to have a go at recreating a few, wotc releasing an updated ruleset would certainly inspire me to do so.

Remove ads